RGB fans help

Associate
Hi everyone,
My son has just upgraded his motherboard to a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max and his RGB fans on his Aerocool One Eclipse are flashing.
Can anyone advise how we attach these?
There is a control switch which came with the case, could this be causing the problems?
Your help solving this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Permabanned
Not sure but I would make sure you have powered that RGB hub (may be old Molex or floppy connector) but should be SATA Power.

Permabanned
I wonder if its incompatible as propriety as some are and others are compatible with each other like Asus Aura works with other brands AFAIK.

Soldato
Yep as Grimley says, that board does not have a native ARGB connector. I have it too and I just finally completed my build (been sat in boxes for ages). Since my circumstances changed over last year it is also going to be given to my son. Due to this, I decided to go RGB and make it bling bling for him so I went mental and got a Corsair Commander Pro, Corsair lighting node core and corsair icue RGB fans. Ridiculous expense for fans but... rgb innit.

Soldato
Oh my! So we need a whole new fan set up?

It can be a bit confusing. Maybe if you list out all the fans you want to control someone can advise. What is the objective? Be able to assign light colours/patterns to the fans and control their speed with fan profiles using software in windows?

Back
Top Bottom