1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB Fusion and Case Fans

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by BillHicksRIP, Oct 11, 2017.

1. BillHicksRIP

Hitman

I've got a general question about RGB Fusion and case fans if anyone could help. I've got a Aorus Z270X-Gaming K5 motherboard inside a NZXT Noctis 450 case. The case comes with 3 x 120mm front fans, a 140mm on the back and there's another 140mm fan on the Noctua DH-15 cooler. The motherboard has a RGB Fusion header and I'm told the Phantek Halo Fan https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-halos-120mm-rgb-led-fan-frame-black-ca-070-pt.html covers can link to Fusion but I'm unsure how these would be wired together and powerered? So if I did go for all 5, how would they connected together and linked to the single motherboard header? Am finishing off my build and trying to plan wiring routes etc.

Thanks.

2. Ace Modder

Antec Rep

I assume daisy chain?

3. BillHicksRIP

Hitman

Hi. I'm (obviously) clueless about this and have not used case fan covers with a motherboard header. If i bought the 5 Phantek Halos, is that all I need? They'll just daisy-chain together and plug straight into the mobo? What powers them - the mobo?

4. Ace Modder

Antec Rep

@ChugNorris can you answer this for the customer? :) Don't wanna miss inform him.

5. Blame

Gangster