RGB Keyboard - without backlight bleed?

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking for a new keyboard with RGB lettering (for using in lowlight), but also one that is quiet and wireless. More importantly (I know it might be a bit of a tall order) I really don't like the backlight bleed/bloom that seems to characterise most RGB keyboards!

I use, and have used cheap keyboards for decades (currently a Kensington value) but the old eyes need a bit of help!

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Edit: I also don't like wrist rests..

Edit2: For example, the Logitech G213 looks about right, if it didn't have a wrist rest built in and was wireless...

Last edited:
Soldato
Logitechs usually don't have American ADHD christmas lights leaking out brighter from everywhere else than key cap markings.
Just can't say out of memory what are cheaper non-mechanical models.

Soldato
If you can find a second hand one, the Logitech G19 is pretty quiet (domed, not mechanical), has a removable wrist rest and does not suffer backlight bleed.
There are perhaps some other 'gamery' elements you won't want, like the LCD screen, but they can be ignored or switched off.

Soldato
The only one that I can think of that fits all your requirements is the Logitech G915. It is a great keyboard, though there are a couple downsides; the price and the alternate symbols on the number keys are not lit.

Associate
OP
Yeah the G915 looks good (not as nice as the G513 imo) - just need to find it in stock in a shop to have a look - and a second mortgage :)

Associate
I'm using the G915 , amazing wireless keyboard , take some getting used to with the low profile keys . NO backlit bleed as other's have said , its perfect for just lighting up the letters , can also do individual letters to what ever color . my only issue is no secondary keys light up , notably the @ key which I'm finding as pain .I'm using the Tenkeyless TKL which is really compact and snug on my desk .battery is amazing . but £173 is a lot of money.

Back
Top Bottom