1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richdogs Fashion Thread... personal dress tastes, musings, and recommendations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Richdog, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Begbie

Capodecina

2. Rroff

Man of Honour

Personally I find chinos incredibly bland - I'd rather wear cargo trousers than chinos.

3. Eurofighter

Wise Guy

4. Cleisthenes

Soldato

Versatile though.

5. del_piero

Gangster

Why oh why did I visit the Mr Porter site?

brb, need to ask the boss for a £20k payrise so I can afford to buy a t-shirt from there.

6. Rroff

Man of Honour

You'll love my go-to casual then :p - haven't quite mastered the post processing style he uses but http://imgur.com/814762P

7. rG-tom

Sgarrista

Come on share the name ! At those prices I'll call them !

8. dowie

Caporegime

that seems a bit meh...

though I wasn't asking what is casual - I was asking what the other poster would have suggested for footwear... he was happy to criticise but not to offer suggestions. Trainers weren't an option either.

9. rG-tom

Sgarrista

For casual these days I basically live in a pair of burgundy Clarkes rubber soles brogue boots, never under or over dressed unless you're at black tie :) my first foray into boots so didn't want to spend herring or barker money but I'm absolutely sold on them and will replace them with something like the below when I wear them out

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/herring/burgh-rubber_brogue-boot/dark-tan-calf

10. Lopéz

Man of Honour

I'm looking for a versatile Spring jacket. Something that's smart enough to wear to the pub or the office, but protective enough to withstand a windy wet day in a dismal city centre.

Essential:
    Water proof/resistant
    Reasonably warm (ie nothing anorak-like)
    Dark colour
    Not an "adventure" brand like North Face

I only have a budget of £50 as I won't wear this often. Suggestions?

11. Hades

Capodecina

Uniqlo ultra light down jacket?

12. Richdog

Capodecina

Not sure they would be very water resistant... if at all.

13. Rroff

Man of Honour

My go to for that kind of use are M65 jackets - can get some that are "fashion" rather than "tacticool" styled, have a thermal layer you can zip in and out if the weather changes and while they aren't the most waterproof they'll stand upto an hour of moderate rain no problem. (though some of the cheaper ones might skimp on the thermal layer :S).

14. Jeps

Hitman

Whats the consensus on what to wear to an evening wedding reception?

Full smart suit or smart casual?

15. Rroff

Man of Honour

Need more detail - if you are just turning up once most of its said and done, maybe light snacks and a bit of a dance or whatever then I'd go trousers or smart jeans, reasonably smart shirt and tie - if its more of a formal meal and other events like more photographs, etc. then suited.

16. Jeps

Hitman

Its only the evening do so will be drinks/dancing and maybe some snacks. I was thinking of wearing a suit as its pretty hard to overdress for a wedding, only problem is I don't actually wear a suit so will have to go shopping!

17. Sayso

Mobster

I feel you brother.
    Gone are the days of £100 tshirts....i would rather spend the money buying my kids something.

18. neoboy

Capodecina

So who makes decent undershirts nowadays, Uniqlo Airism ones any good?

19. Cleisthenes

Soldato

Anyone hunting for anything in particular during the Summer sale? Unfortunately all the things I'd be after are classics so generally aren't in the sales. Some T shirts might be on the cards though, all saints have 50% of so from a bunch of their so may have a look at the weekend. I'm after some Desert Boots (Clarks probably) for the classic colours aren't reduced :( Does anyone recommend a brand other than Clarks for classic Desert Boots at a similar price?

20. dirtychinchilla

Sgarrista

This might be a bit left field and irrelevant in this thread, but I really need to get some very comfortable shoes which are good for walking i.e. they'll support my flat feet, but that also don't look like I've been collecting my pension for years. I'm 27 for context, but I suffer from all sorts of hip/back pain and really need to find some shoes that aren't going to make it worse.