Rick Steins Cornwall

Tea Drinker
Don
Fishmongers had Cornish mussels Saturday so picked up a load and cooked with Cornish cider, spring onions and spinach, absolutely fantastic.

Bit worried about the West Country seems to be even more becoming a playground for the rich especially if you watch the back to back fishing programme.

Soldato
The seafood platter he got at the van on the quayside is my idea of heaven, I do not understand why I can't get something similar up here! Also, I loved the shanty songs.

Soldato
The seafood platter he got at the van on the quayside is my idea of heaven, I do not understand why I can't get something similar up here! Also, I loved the shanty songs.

Bizarre when you think what fantastic seafood Scotland has. I found when I was up there loads of people didnt even like seafood which I thought odd. Whenever I head into the highlands, I always stop off at the Lochleven Seafood Cafe near Fort William for lunch, they do a fantastic hot or cold seafood platter. http://www.lochlevenseafoodcafe.co.uk/home/

Soldato
The barbecued fresh mackerel with masala paste looked tasty however perhaps it is the socially distanced presentation and filming not having the usual impact.

That looked good, I am enjoying the show myself. His pork chop with sloe sauce looked rank though, once he took a bite it looked like roadkill!

Soldato
Bit worried about the West Country seems to be even more becoming a playground for the rich especially if you watch the back to back fishing programme.

Its been heading that way for years... but yeah even more so now. The number of "out of town money only" towns and villiages in Devon and Cornwall is pretty depressing

Soldato
Its been heading that way for years... but yeah even more so now. The number of "out of town money only" towns and villiages in Devon and Cornwall is pretty depressing
We went to Salcombe in 2018... i couldn't believe the difference since I last went in the 80's, house prices there are crazy now. I wouldn't go back to be honest, the chances of being run over by a Range Rover are just too high.

Soldato
Bizarre when you think what fantastic seafood Scotland has. I found when I was up there loads of people didnt even like seafood which I thought odd. Whenever I head into the highlands, I always stop off at the Lochleven Seafood Cafe near Fort William for lunch, they do a fantastic hot or cold seafood platter. http://www.lochlevenseafoodcafe.co.uk/home/

Thanks, will add that to my list. I went to Loch Fyne during the easing of the first lockdown and had a dozen oysters and a takeaway box of smoked salmon in my car with a beautiful view but you really don't get anything even at the fishing towns near Glasgow.

There's a shack on the pier in Oban which apparently is very good, it's shut now obviously but hopefully when restrictions ease I'll make a trip up there. I get my new car in May and think a west coast/Highlands jaunt for seafood and whisky is in order to bed it in. I'll maybe do a post!

Man of Honour
Thanks, will add that to my list. I went to Loch Fyne during the easing of the first lockdown and had a dozen oysters and a takeaway box of smoked salmon in my car with a beautiful view but you really don't get anything even at the fishing towns near Glasgow.

There's a shack on the pier in Oban which apparently is very good, it's shut now obviously but hopefully when restrictions ease I'll make a trip up there. I get my new car in May and think a west coast/Highlands jaunt for seafood and whisky is in order to bed it in. I'll maybe do a post!

Should head to Fort William; loved the seafood at The Crannog the few times I've been

Back
Top Bottom