Ricky Gervais as 'Derek'

Soldato
I've just this minute watched the last episode. Absolutely fantastic series, so very well done with very funny and very sad bits. They've captured life in a care home extremely well. This last had me with tears in my eyes. Looking for ward to the next season, brilliant brilliant brilliant stuff!

Soldato
So you are saying that you can't see the similarity in his actor lines in Derek to his 'normal' lines in An Idiot Abroad?
The bloke is a comedy genius.

That's because Karl can't act, he isn't acting, he's being Karl, he's not a comedy genius, he's someone Ricky is fixated with, the same way he was fixated with Robin Ince for years who he had a very child-like relationship with, eerily similar to the weird one he has with Karl.

There's no conspiracy, Karl is Karl, 99.9% of comedians would have overlooked him as their radio producer completely, for the miserable misanthrope that he is. I have known people similar to Karl, they're not geniuses, they just enjoy misery, schadenfreude and hate change.

Soldato
I've just this minute watched the last episode. Absolutely fantastic series, so very well done with very funny and very sad bits. They've captured life in a care home extremely well. This last had me with tears in my eyes. Looking for ward to the next season, brilliant brilliant brilliant stuff!

I agree with this. It was very poignant in places, especially the old pictures at the end.

Associate
I quiet enjoyed the show wasn't paticularly funny, sad if anything I liked it though.

and as for joe wilkinson he's currently my favourite comedian making 8 out of 10 cats does countdown. abit in the trailer for season 2 when kev goes yeah thats my janice "I took the picture when we were at the fun fair" kills me

Last edited:

One

One

Soldato
The cack-handed way Gervais uses grammar annoys me. Using 'what' instead of 'that' has to be the most ignorant use of language ever.

Back
Top Bottom