Ricky Gervais as 'Derek'

One

One

Soldato
So the first episode of this was amazing! He's gone above and beyond in terms of office-esque realism. Can't wait for the next episode!

Associate
I really enjoyed it, more of a drama/comedy which is a nice change. Will watch the series then make my full impression!

BTW, people who think Karl is an actor is a fool. Yeh he may play on it a little now, but he is not a "creation" of Gervais and Merchant.

Caporegime
Would never watch again, Can't stand TV stuff like this nor did I like the office. It follows the same type of set up as Royale Family and that cafe and or Supermarket drama.

I chuckled on occasion but not my sort of show.

Associate
Saw this the other night and thought it was fantastic. My favourite bit had to be the conversation between the council worker and the guy on community service:

"Why are you on community service?"
"I threw something in me neighbour's skip."
"Oh and he called the police?! What did you throw in there?"
"His wife, she was doing my ******* head in."

:p

Don
So you are saying that you can't see the similarity in his actor lines in Derek to his 'normal' lines in An Idiot Abroad?
The bloke is a comedy genius.

Please, let's not go down this road again. Can't everyone agree to disagree on the subject, seems to trash every Ricky Gervais related thread! I know you're a fan of their work, can we leave it at that?

Let's keep this on topic..

I know you didn't bring it up :)

--

Great episode, the charachters are perfectly place. Glad that the semi-slapstick elements of the pilot haven't found their way into the main episodes; namely falling into the pond and sitting in custard.

I wish he would release them all now for a paid digital download. I find Office and Extras are far better when you watch a ton of them back to back.

Associate
Really enjoyed episode 1, Kev seems a tad ott in places but apart from that it was quite a masterpiece. Then I saw episode 2 which was even better! Bravo Ricky!

Back
Top Bottom