Rift s whos getting one?

Associate
would love there to be a shark cage experience for the PC. although limited in scope I think people would buy a polished experience (after all Ritchie's Plank Experience is a success)

Soldato
would love there to be a shark cage experience for the PC. although limited in scope I think people would buy a polished experience (after all Ritchie's Plank Experience is a success)

Good idea, have you tried the Deep Blu experience or the Titanic, they can both be quite spooky if you dont like deep water :D

Associate
I've got The Blu which has that deep water one scene which is mostly pitch back with you relying on torchlight to see. Not tried the Titanic though.

Soldato
Anyone else having issues with Space Pirate Trainer since switching the Rift S?

It has become really really laggy, to the point where its unplayable even with all graphics set to minimum, on the normal Rift CV1 its fine :(

Soldato
Anyone else having issues with Space Pirate Trainer since switching the Rift S?

It has become really really laggy, to the point where its unplayable even with all graphics set to minimum, on the normal Rift CV1 its fine :(

I played it when I first got my Rift S and using the 1.38 firmware and it was fine. I haven't played it since. What firmware are you on? I will give it a quick go later and see if it's still ok, I am on 1.39 now.

Soldato
Not sure, how do I check the firmware version?

Sorry, wasn't online yesterday evening at all.

The firmware is just the software version. If you go into the general tab and scroll to the bottom it will give you the software version there. You should have 1.39 now.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to test out the game LOL. Sorry. Will do that now and report back.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just tried Space Pirate Trainer and no lag at all. Played Perfectly fine, got my best score ever as well :D

Running the Oculus 1.39 Software Version. Ryzen 3600, 16GB ram and 1080Ti.

Soldato
I just tried Space Pirate Trainer and no lag at all. Played Perfectly fine, got my best score ever as well :D

Running the Oculus 1.39 Software Version. Ryzen 3600, 16GB ram and 1080Ti.

Thanks, I will check and confirm versions tonight, first thing to try would be reinstall :)

Soldato
check if you have super sampling enabled and try putting it to 1.0

every lag in a game i've had has had super sampling playing some part.

I will double check but since moving to the Rift S I haven't bothered using any SS, I always set mine through the debug tool which clears after every reboot.

Soldato
Running Oculus software v1.40 and no SS.

Turned out to be USB port, using USBTreeView I moved the USB and lag is gone, strange the other games didn’t highlight the issue but all good now :D

Associate
I also just tried War Thunder and that was pretty good and free if you like WWII era flying

War Thunder is good but you are at a big disadvantage versus monitor players. At range it's much harder to aim due to the resolution, for some reason Gaijin have never implemented zoom for aiming in VR (apart from early biplanes). Also when using gun positions on bombers you can't rotate the view so it's very difficult to shoot planes down that aren't directly behind you as the view is locked to facing rear. Gaijin also have yet to fix the missing mouse cursor on the map screen whilst in game, it's been bugged now for nearly 2 years.... It's a shame as the game could be much better if Gaijin actually spent some time improving VR.

Associate
Picked up a Rift S - So far not so good, taking a lot of restraint to not just throw it back in the box and take back.
My first VR set, so not super familiar with the stuff.

The floor position keeps jumping up 1 meter making the menus glitch through the floor.
The headset keeps thinking i'm trying to bash my head in with the controllers and showing them right in my eyeballs, literally. Killing the whole thing there and then, only a restart of PC fixes it.

Restarted PC more times in last hour than in the last year.
Is this terrible tracking just par for the course with these things? You never forget your first time, this one was disappointing :(

Back
Top Bottom