Right, enough spending money!

Associate
I bought a 400D c/w kit lens a couple of months ago and thought I was pushing the boat out buying that,

Next came a Tamron 70-300 lens.......

Then a tripod.........

and then a Tamron 17-55 f2.8.......

need a remote now ,so bought one........

this weekend I see a good deal on a Mrk1 50mm,gotta have that.......

That's me finished for a while........

OK then, just the Lowepro mini trekker and really that's me done.

I need to spend more time taking pics and less time buying "must have" gear:(

I acually caught myself eyeing up a 40D today:confused: I am nowhere near competent with, let alone outgrowing my 400D yet.

Anyone else hemorrhaging money at an alarming rate?

Soldato
I bought a 400D c/w kit lens a couple of months ago and thought I was pushing the boat out buying that,

Then a tripod.........

I acually caught myself eyeing up a 40D today:confused: I am nowhere near competent with, let alone outgrowing my 400D yet.

done the same with my 400d.

Associate
Tell me about it.
I bought my 400D with a kit lens last month. Since then its been the 55-250mm IS, Tamerac Explorer 9, 2 x B+W UV filters, 2 x 2gb Sandisk Ultra II and 1 x 4gb Extreme III.

I'm eyeing up the nifty fifty and longing for a L series lens in the 200mm range.

Soldato

Then a tripod.........

It's the normal thing to do, you'll find excuses to buy something else, i'm currently looking at buying my 100-400 F/4.5-5.6L in the next couple of weeks, that'll bring my spending amount since last September to oooh, £4k?

Associate
Nope, I've stopped hemorrhaging money now as the next lens I 'need' is the 300 f/2.8 L IS but I'll be damned if I can figure a way to afford it! :D

Spending all this money isn't that bad. Lens, as long as you make wise choices, hold there money well so you are really 'investing'! ;)

Soldato
I've only got the one lens and a good bag so far (along with a few small things like remote release). Thinking about a nifty fifty and a replacement for my kit lens (the 18-55mm IS), decent flash set up for macro stuff, 10-20mm sigma and maybe something with ~300mm reach :p

Soldato
I did that when I first got into photography a few years ago.

I got the 300D kit, then a remote, then the tripod, then the memory cards, lenspen, 70-300, 12-24, 50mm 1.8, and various bags and a subscription to a photography mag.

Even though I had enough money at the time to buy much better lenses (god I wish I had at the time, rather than spend it on other things!) I decided enough was enough. After I got the hang of the camera I decided to upgrade to the 30D last year, and to be honest I think I'll be staying with this camera until the next upgrades come out (after the 40D).

There comes to a point when you've got to stop spending. You only need to cover the basics when you start off, and then spend time rather than money learning and reading and more importantly; doing. As soon as you feel confident enough you can move on to better equipment.

I'll be buying prime lenses before I get a new body. So my next upgrade probably won't be for at least 2 years :)

Back
Top Bottom