Right to call the police, or just leave it be...

Soldato
I drive (yes car) the same route to work every day, A27, A23, then a few other A roads to reach work. I used to ride a bike, moped, 125 passed my tests and got a full licence and had a RD350LC for a while and then moved onto cars, the reason i'm saying that is so you know that i'm not against Motorbikes, in fact I believe that people who are bikers are better car drives as you learn to anticipate idiots and how to drive defensively.
Anyway, I digress.

Because I drive the same route at the same time I see the same other drivers often and just recently (ok twice now but two days in a row) a motorcyclist. Don't know what bike, i'd say 125 because he can do over 70 downhill but as soon as we go up he drops to mid 50's. His bike is a sports bike of some kind from the headlights but its dark when I see him so I don't know more.

Anyway, they guy is going to get himself knocked off or worse. Both times I have met him he has got himself into bother.
First time I was in cruse at 62 and he started to overtake me and is just in front of my bonnet but as we started to go uphill I remained at 62 and he starts to drop back but there's a car behind him and he starts to get boxed in. I drop out of cruise and allow him in, driver that caused the issue overtakes both of us and motorbike lad swerves all about my lane whilst glaring at said car, really not that in control of his bike and obviously angry.
I'd say the car was wrong but he clearly didn't have the power to overtake and shouldn't have started the overtake.
Second time I met him he was again getting himself into the same kind of trouble but cutting right in running traffic to get himself out of the outside lane and doing full rearwood turns to glare at the car behind him that "hadn't let him in" whilst also swerving half a lane width due to turning around.

Next time who knows, but if I carry on seeing him do stuff that is going to end up with him being put in a bag should I phone the police on the local number and say something or am I being a interfering busybody who should just put up with the road closure when he comes off :D

Associate
Just give him a nudge and teach him a lesson ;)

tbh i have seen a few drivers that i have considered to be dangerous and i wish there was a way to say to them, you're going to cause an accident! just last week i following a saxo for about 20 miles and the girl was racing up to traffic slamming the brakes on and swerving all about.

Im not really sure what you should do, but if you have the opportunity to potentially prevent an accident and avoid anyone getting injured i think you should take it.

Soldato
OP
I see some proper road rage often on the A23, that and the idiots nearly every day. Part of the reason why I cruise at 60 odd, you back peddle and let them all go by for the sake of 6 minutes on the journey :)

I suppose this only bothers me because its a biker and he's obviously young, inexperienced and liable to die given his technique.

Soldato
OP
Like what?

Person registration AB10 123 is riding his bike like he wants to die?

Na, I guess your right, they won't be interested. I shall just give him plenty of room and make sure i'm not involved in his impending meeting with the grim reaper. :cool:

Soldato
He sounds like an inexperienced and silly kid.

I would call the police and give them the reg, make and model and report dangerous/erratic riding that could land him in a body bag. Hopefully they can pop round at some point or call the residence of which the bike is registered and explain that said issues have been reported.
Maybe get lucky and his mum answers and screams at him? lol :p

Associate
Person registration AB10 123 is riding his bike like he wants to die?

Na, I guess your right, they won't be interested. I shall just give him plenty of room and make sure i'm not involved in his impending meeting with the grim reaper. :cool:

They may send an officer over to his/her (actually, we may as well assume it's a male :p) place for a few words of advice about riding to the capabilities of the vehicle he's on :D Accident prevention being better than clearing up the mess afterwards etc. :eek:

Associate
Sounds like a right twonk, if he's constantly doing retarded stuff flash and beep him see if he pulls over then do him in.. I mean have a nice word. :D

Soldato
That's why I plan my overtakes, and if I can't carry them out I drop back and abort the overtake if I can, it's hard doing overtakes when you've only got the power of 12-13 horses beneath you, lol :D

And in answer to the OP, I'd report it, the worst that can happen is nothing, the best that can happen is someone goes and talks to him so that he doesn't end up being scraped off the road one morning on your commute.

Last edited:
Soldato
Surprised no one has replied with "get a life" - which is the response I got in the 4-wheeled section, few times, when I dared to suggest reporting a dangerous driver.

But the lad sounds like a liability really, and if he's that angsty with drivers, I doubt he'd appreciate you giving him any perls of wisdom - unfortunately. I've seen countless drivers and riders who I'd thought about having a word with, just a friendly bit of advice, but people won't hear it - driving on the road is a big competition these days anyway and fragile egos don't respond well to criticism.

Best you can do is hope he doesn't come off...

Soldato
That's why I plan my overtakes, and if I can't carry them out I drop back and abort the overtake if I can, it's hard doing overtakes when you've only got the power of 12-13 horses beneath you, lol :D

Thats exactly what i do, can be annoying but its by far the safest option.

Soldato
Yea, slow and fast. Diving in and out of traffic, through red lights, sqeezing past cars, lorries, busses etc.

I take it you don't ride? When you say diving in and out of traffic, and squeezing past vehicles, I take it you mean filtering and overtaking, which we're fully allowed to do.
I've never personally met anyone who's run a red light on a bike, although I know one of my mates who has done in his car, albeit accidentally, and he's not a biker.

Soldato
I take it you don't ride? When you say diving in and out of traffic, and squeezing past vehicles, I take it you mean filtering and overtaking, which we're fully allowed to do.
I've never personally met anyone who's run a red light on a bike, although I know one of my mates who has done in his car, albeit accidentally, and he's not a biker.

Filtering and overtaking is fine. Nothing wrong with that. Its the way some of the bikers go about it that is annoyingly dangerous! And yes, i used to ride until my health got worse.

Top Bottom