Ring doorbell 3.

Associate
Hi I'm new to the forum so I hope this is the correct one. I wonder if anyone can help? When my ring doorbell rings, my TV is changing channels to my amazon firestick. Does anybody know how to stop this please? It has only recently started doing it. Thanks
Derek.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the answers guys, in reply to RPL. I googled forums for ring doorbell after getting nowhere with ring and this was the first one to come up. Sorry if I've came onto the wrong one.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Have you got Alexa integration set-up with it? I wonder if the Firestick is trying to display the Ring video feed when it detects someone.

Soldato
Thanks for the answers guys, in reply to RPL. I googled forums for ring doorbell after getting nowhere with ring and this was the first one to come up. Sorry if I've came onto the wrong one.
it's cool.....you've come to the right place, despite the first reply. OcUK forums are like google - what can't be answered on here isn't worth asking anyway :p General Discussion (GD) is however a hot bed of lunatics who are more likely to berate and abuse you as help :D:D

Home & Garden Sub forum might have been the safer place to post - i imagine a mod may well move the thread for you shortly. but stick around though, there's a plethora of different sub forums - don't be a post and run member!! and don't be put off by GD;)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/community/home-and-garden.151/

Associate
OP
Yeah I have, its only just started doing this. It worked no bother in the past, just linking with my alexa now it wants to connect to the firestick too, funnily enough for the video so your right. I've just disabled the skill on the Alexa app and that appears to have stopped it however it was handy getting the alarm from my Alexa as well. I'll just have to play about with it and see what I can come up with.

Soldato
You can tell Alexa which devices to link with your Ring Doorbell. If you go to the device section of the Alexa app, navigate to your doorbell and under announcements there's a section called "Announcement Devices". Go into that and untick your firesticks and only tick the devices that you want to use to tell you someone is at the door.

Man of Honour

Probably because in the last two weeks I've mentioned mine about 4 times :)
I don't have your problem.

Ring have their own useful Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/RingUK/

Back
Top Bottom