Ring/Nest down?

Soldato
Is it just me or are the ring and nest apps playing up? They seem to have been offline since around 8am complaining of WiFi issues yet the WiFi is working fine...

Considering they're both completely separate products, it's unlikely they'd both be down.

Fwiw nest has been fine for us today.

Soldato
Checked your WiFi is working on both 2.4G and 5G bands? We have separate SSIDs for each and we had a patch last year of the 5G network playing up. Several smart home devices that only use 5G would decide they didn't work despite phones/computers being fine.

Soldato
OP
Everything was back online by around 3pm-ish. It was strange that it was both nest and ring which is why I thought the problem was my end but downdetector.co.uk highlighted many others reporting the same issues as me, for both ring and nest, so I left it. Few hours later both were back up and running.

Soldato
Checked your WiFi is working on both 2.4G and 5G bands? We have separate SSIDs for each and we had a patch last year of the 5G network playing up. Several smart home devices that only use 5G would decide they didn't work despite phones/computers being fine.

As far as I'm aware, doorbells in the UK don't use the 5Ghz band as they are classed as external devices so are not allowed in the UK on the common home WiFi channels 36-64 (internal use only)

They use 2.4Ghz

Soldato
As far as I'm aware, doorbells in the UK don't use the 5Ghz band as they are classed as external devices so are not allowed in the UK on the common home WiFi channels 36-64 (internal use only)

They use 2.4Ghz

Our Ring Doorbell Pro uses both 2.4 and 5GHz, it actually prefers the networks to be separated with different SSIDs and favours the 5GHz.

Back
Top Bottom