1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riots in Tottenham, London! (NO RACIST COMMENTS)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by explicit4u, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Castiel

Capo Crimine

Asim did what with a Mac10 and a simulated man?

2. PermaBanned

Capodecina

I think this probably signals the fact that it's time for this thread to die... :D

3. hola_adios

Wise Guy

DD gave asim an AK47 to take the benefits from stimulated black man?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  4. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

The signal was only given off just now?

:p

5. Castiel

Capo Crimine

By a mac10 starter pistol....;)

6. dowie

Caporegime

This tbh... The fact that someone was caught stealing a bottle of water etc.. is less relevant than the circumstances they were caught stealing it in this instance. Taking part in a riot and looting is much more serious than simply shoplifting yet people are wining about the sentences because the person *only* stole XYZ...

Having your shop trashed and looted is probably heartbreaking for a shop keeper and the end of their livelihood for some - catching a shoplifter on an ordinary day is more of an annoyance but hardly something to get upset about. Everyone out there looting and destroying property was part of the problem and added to the numbers the police had to deal with.

7. Robbo

Capo Crimine

Mac10 starter pistol... rofl :D

8. PermaBanned

Capodecina

I would argue that it's less serious since it took place in abnormal conditions and the perpetrator of any given crime could be suffering from impaired judgement because of it.

9. HamZilla

Wise Guy

What is Asim doing to stimulate simulatorman?

10. Robbo

Capo Crimine

Caressing him with a Mac10.

11. Castiel

Capo Crimine

Which is preferable to his discoloured member......:eek:

12. PermaBanned

Capodecina

Which member has discontinued after simulatorman ran a simulation and said that everyone should buy a mac?

13. Robbo

Capo Crimine

I heard he's bleached that now, it's all good.

14. Castiel

Capo Crimine

An Asian with a white willie.......there has got to be a threadworthy joke in there somewhere.

15. dowie

Caporegime

And fortunately for the rest of us not many people are buying that argument.

Lets not forget that at least part of sentencing is to act as both a punishment and a deterrent. Lots of people involved in the riots were seemingly taking part because they saw an opportunity and it appeared as though the police had lost control so they could run amok without consequence. The various BB messenger messages drew attention to this.

Some of these sentences probably are a bit of a shock to the people caught and will likely be a deterrent to at least the people who joined in because they didn't believe they'd be caught or face much fall out if they participated.

16. britboy4321

PermaBanned

I agree whole-heartedly. But now it's about revenge, not fair justice. And the 'hang 'em high' crew love it.

17. semi-pro waster

Man of Honour

While I don't necessarily agree with all the sentences handed out here, it's not less serious because the person is now taking part in the riot and associated criminal behaviour. The perpetrator may be suffering from impaired judgement but unfortunately for them the crime of taking part in a riot acts as a modifier to add to any given crime i.e. it's crime ++.

18. RoboCod

Capodecina

Can anyone point me in the right direction to view the court hearings of those prosecuted after this? I'm hunting around the Crown Court web page but if I'm honest I don't have much of a clue where to look exactly?

19. TJM

Wise Guy

Look up CourtServe - they do daily CC listings. There's no way to tell which cases are related to the disorder, though. Your best bet is to google the names in any cases that interested you and find reports that listed the next court date.

20. RoboCod

Capodecina

I'm trying to find a few examples of those that were not in the majority, i.e. those older than 25 and employed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.