1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riots in Tottenham, London! (NO RACIST COMMENTS)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by explicit4u, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wannabedamned

Capodecina

Indeed it does not matter, I just find it hilarious how so many people jump on the fact you mention ethnicity these days. OMG YOU SAID BLACK. Yeah...They were black!!

I actually seem to think you are more likely to describe someones skin colour if its different to your own. I believe a black person for instance is more likely to describe a group of all whites as exactly that.

Its not really prejudice, just a strange way we separate groups in general chatter

2. Castiel

Capo Crimine

It becomes racist when you ascribe that behaviour to the fact that they are black as some posters have done or alluded to in this thread. As a matter of identification saying you were mugged by a man who was black is not racist.....however saying you were mugged by a man because he was black is.....

The Police will actually ask you the colour of an assailant as a matter of course along with any number of identifying factors......Someone tried to steal my sons bike as he riding home from school last month, whn we reported it he gave a description of the person and the interviewing officer asked whether the person was white, for example.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  3. cheets64

PermaBanned

Well yeah but when you have people out to do anything to commit crime and murder and not get caught, things go wrong, its not like he was an innocent person, the black community support these criminals, they hide them, hide guns, it could be stopped ove night if everyone in the black community shopped them in, its like some sort of brotherhood, dont involve the police just shoot or stab each other instead.

4. Castiel

Capo Crimine

That is also true of many, if not all Estates, where the gangs, whatever etnicity they are, are accepted instead of reported.....partially this is through fear of retribution and partially through mistrust of the Police or their ability to effectively combat the problem.

It is not unique to the so called 'black community' whatever that is.

5. OldCoals

Capodecina

Plenty of white people but stuff off the back of a lorry.

6. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

So glad they have caught so many of these low lives.

7. dalin80

Mobster

Nice to see that they are still making arrests as well, must be a sucky feeling knowing its going to be your turn at any time in any month.

8. Redz

Mobster

9. Tefal

Capo Crimine

dolph style surely?

Castiel's just a cheap imitation.

10. Castiel

Capo Crimine

hey, less of the cheap......there is a recession on.

11. Tefal

Capo Crimine

hey we all know you're the budget model, Gaidin fills out the mid range, but if you want the enthusiast level snob it's got to be Dolph.

12. Castiel

Capo Crimine

I like to think I am the Everyman's Snob.......(not that I have been called a snob before):eek:

13. Tom0

Sgarrista

*Pipes up*

Even without the S?

*Pipes down*

14. Castiel

Capo Crimine

Quite.

15. OldCoals

Capodecina

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-18901922

Another high profile case delivering its verdict today.

16. Nexus

Capodecina

I can see why they may have struggled to prosecute them, so a not guilty verdict for planned murder, but surely it was more than an 'accident' given the trouble going on.

Anyone know what the deal is with the BBC having a documentary on the riots banned? I saw a news article about it on some foreign news channel while I was in the gym. The government isn't allowing them to show it and they intend to challenge them in court over it. I wonder whether its due to showing the country up just before the Olympics?

17. Skully

Sgarrista

Great result for two of my barristers in the Birmingham riots case! :)

18. sniffy

Sgarrista

I believe so. I also believe someone from Whitehall urged the BBC to downplay events during the early stages of the riots. There was absolutely no reporting from the BBC on the first night. We had to rely on social media and some random London radio station for news. They aren't that inept.

19. gothic_hobbit

Wise Guy

Let's just hope that there isn't a 2012 revival.

20. GAC

Mobster

well if it stays wet and generally coolish i cant see it happening again. but if we get a couple of weeks of high temps again i wouldn't be surprised if a few idiots tried to start something. especially if its during the olympics with the security issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.