RIP Ben Daglish :(

Caporegime
All of us at Indie Retro News are deeply upset by this news, one of the most iconic music creators for the Amstrad, C64, ZX Spectrum and even the Amiga. has passed away. Thank you Ben Daglish for all the great retro gaming memories :(

Man of Honour
Yup, sad to read this. Generation 1 of the home computer scene are sadly all of the age where life becomes more challenging. I know, I'm one of them.

RIP

Soldato
Yup, sad to read this. Generation 1 of the home computer scene are sadly all of the age where life becomes more challenging. I know, I'm one of them.

RIP

RIP, he did some class speccy tunes

Yes, it's very sad. All kinds of stories, techniques and priceless information is being lost on a daily basis now :( I'm trying to track down an old QL author, and it's an impossible task.

Soldato
What an amazing era it was! When you can call somebody out for influencing your childhood and you see an eight year age gap.

auf wiedersehen monty, too good.

Soldato
Only just seen this thread. I was gutted. Still am.
I almost cried when I read it on Facebook the other week, and I don't get that way about people I've never even met. Or at least I didn't.

Anthony Lees, who wrote some of the Last Ninja soundtrack along with Ben, also died a few years ago.

It's crazy to think that a lot of the musicians I was in awe of in the mid-late '80s are around my age. Matt Gray is about 3 years older than me. Jeroen Tel, even less than that. They were writing and coding kick ass C64 tunes at 15 and 16 years old. How many 15 year-olds do you know that can code in assembler? Not many I'll bet.

Back
Top Bottom