RIP MS Paint (Please remain RESPECTFUL!)

Associate
As per title...

Microsoft have announced that it's the end of Paint : -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40705466

Microsoft's graphics program Paint has been included in a list of Windows 10 features that will be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint has been part of the Windows operating system since its release in 1985 and is known for its simplicity and basic artistic results.

Paint's successor, Paint 3D, will still be available.

Caporegime
Paint was always crap. We only used it because it was there.

For everything beyond bad crayon drawings you had to install GIMP or Paint.NET or something.

Soldato
paint was never really good, but it was free, and built in, so it was used.

i always used it because the graphical editing i do (on the very rare occasion i find graphical editing a requirement) can be done by it, but it's not the be all and end all.

mostly i used it to convert picture formats for devices that didn't accept the original.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I use it daily :(
Same, it's great for a quick edit of Snipping Tool grabs. Deleting out bits you couldn't exclude with the rectangle selection, for example.

We're all using ScreenPresso for screen snips at work which is really great in every way, except for the above.

Soldato
paint was never really good, but it was free, and built in, so it was used.

i always used it because the graphical editing i do (on the very rare occasion i find graphical editing a requirement) can be done by it, but it's not the be all and end all.

mostly i used it to convert picture formats for devices that didn't accept the original.
paint 3D is terrible.

i used to create stuff like below in paint (not my work) i need to look through the internet archive for my work :(

i remember as a kid i spent my 6 weeks holiday building an entire City in paint. it was 8000x10000 pixels. you just cant do the same level of detail in paint 3D. it got me into art.

i used the pencil tool, dot by dot getting it just perfect, it taught me a lot. perspective, gradients Among other things
6PHCoaI.png

Back
Top Bottom