Risk

Associate
I've tried to do the due dilliegence and searched back, but couldn't find an appropriate page. I wan't to discuss the pure, original version. And more to the point, I need some tips to destroy my in-laws.

They are utterly gorgeous people, the highest tier of human. Family gatherings - specifically Christmas - generally tend to be flooded by board games, a cheese board, and (between myself my soon to be father in law) whisky.

I would like the main game to be Risk. Now I've played Risk before, and Total War, and I've played most of the Paradox games. I still need some tips though. I need to make this adoreable family my bitch. The mum in law is a counselor, the father in law is a PhD in Engineering. That said, I have a masters in Engineering, and my lovely fiancée is a solicitor; so we're not necessarily at a disadvantage intellectually.

Given that they'll be 'democritically' against me, is there anything I can do to get a head start?

Caporegime
Testify.

Or find a corner to hug whilst everyone else jukes it out then take advantage.

Also, that post, you have issues :p

I found south america to be the best. However when you hug a corner you don't get as many troops as others who are spread out. But their lines are easier to break through.

There is a pro and con to each strategy. If you do get bullied into a corner you could find it impossible to deal any major damage as you don't have the troops to do so.

I prefer Risk Factions - however nobody plays it on PC any more. Was the best version IMO with the cats and the special cards and special dice.

Back
Top Bottom