• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rivatuner fan speed..

Man of Honour
Can someone explain to me how you set up RivaTuner to adjust your fan speed depending on your gpu temp?

I mean, currently my cards are at 700core, they get toasty when under full load at default 25% speed. Talking like 80-85C :eek: so I upped the fan to 70% and it stays nicely under 65C now. However.. its noisy. It's also too much of a hassle to lower the fan speed in RivaTuner every time I finish gaming..

So I want it to have maybe 30% fan speed at idle, 50% when loaded and maybe 75% when really hot.. though I have no idea how to do this??

Help please :p

Soldato
http://www.vaguetech.com/index.php?pageid=rt207

Short Version (by me)

1) go fan speed Change it to 40% or 50% etc etc... each time change + apply and then click save as whatever speed it is....

2) go to launcher tab, make regular items called 40% for example, then link it to the fan profile 40%.... (either low-level or driver level, doesnt matter) .... repeat for all %'s mabye you have 40% 60% and 80% like i do?

3) go to scheduler

launch item 40%... then run at hardware monitoring range event. select core temp, and input like 40-60 degrees..

then put 60% at 61-70degrees and mabye 80% at 71-80degrees...

etc etc

Soldato
Got my 4870X2 set up with RivaTuner fan profiles and it works very nicely.

Don't set the thresholds too close though - say 40% fan at 79c and 50% fan at 80c, because if your temperature hovers around that the fan will be speeding up and slowing down a lot which can be very irritating. I run mine at 62-68c, 72-78c, 82-88c etc.

Caporegime
Got my 4870X2 set up with RivaTuner fan profiles and it works very nicely.

Don't set the thresholds too close though - say 40% fan at 79c and 50% fan at 80c, because if your temperature hovers around that the fan will be speeding up and slowing down a lot which can be very irritating. I run mine at 62-68c, 72-78c, 82-88c etc.

What speed does it run at when the temp is, say, 70c then? I have the hovering problem and it's very annoying so this could help me.

Man of Honour
OP
Advanced Automatic Fan Control

There is more than one way to configure automatic fan speed. The first method is simple, the second is a little more advanced. The first method supports multiple video cards where this method does not.

No good for me then :p

Associate
Can someone explain to me how you set up RivaTuner to adjust your fan speed depending on your gpu temp?

I mean, currently my cards are at 700core, they get toasty when under full load at default 25% speed. Talking like 80-85C :eek: so I upped the fan to 70% and it stays nicely under 65C now. However.. its noisy. It's also too much of a hassle to lower the fan speed in RivaTuner every time I finish gaming..

So I want it to have maybe 30% fan speed at idle, 50% when loaded and maybe 75% when really hot.. though I have no idea how to do this??

Help please :p

I just create two fan profiles of 60% and 100%, add them to rivatuner launcher that sits on the taskbar, select 100% pre game then after exiting game select 60%, no need to go back into the app at all, takes 2-3 secs for each action, sorted

Associate
Ok I have done as per the guide as above suggestions, have 3 zones, I have set it up in the scheduler and its running in the task bar. However when I go into game it doesn't kick in and up the speed, anything I need to do? Also why doesnt ATI just make this part of the default drivers/CCC 'auto upping the fan speed when the card get hot' seems a bit of an odd thing not to include?

Permabanned
follow the guide here ins this thread and set ur fan speeds to the keys on the keyboard of your choice....personally i have speeds 40% for just looking on the web...60% for gaming....and 80% in the summer months when they arrive...i have these 3 fan speeds set on the numeric numpad 1,4 and 7;)

Soldato
i recommend the auto fan control as i mentioned above in this thread, give that a try. Otherwise, have u set up both Launchers and Schedulers as per the guide?

Back
Top Bottom