RM750 stopped working after power cut, now no network connectivity.

Associate
The RM750 PSU wasn't working so I got a new one which is slightly different but seems to work. I reconnected all the power cables except the one which goes to the motherboard, which I replaced as it's a different connection on the PSU end so I used the supplied cable. When I turned on, all looked good apart from no network hardware. I've been using the network port on the motherboard and that didn't seem to work with no hardware detected. I bought a PCIe network adapter but the system does not see it. After turning it on with the new PSU, it asked a question about BIOS which I chose "load defaults and restart". Does anyone have any ideas as to why the network adapter onboard and why the PCIe network adapter isn't being seen by the system?

Associate
I'd have to guess that whatever happened to the PSU went through to the motherboard and damaged the PCIe controller (if there is one on the motherboard that controls some or all of the PCIe slots) and the on board networking might be on the PCIe bus which would also explain why the add in card also didn't get picked up, so you'd have to use an alternative like a USB network adapter or replace the motherboard entirely.

Associate
OP
I'd have to guess that whatever happened to the PSU went through to the motherboard and damaged the PCIe controller (if there is one on the motherboard that controls some or all of the PCIe slots) and the on board networking might be on the PCIe bus which would also explain why the add in card also didn't get picked up, so you'd have to use an alternative like a USB network adapter or replace the motherboard entirely.

Good idea. Motherboards sound super expensive and I wouldn't really know what to do if I got one. I've ordered a USB wifi dongle to see if that works. If not, I'll get a USB network adapter. Thanks for answering.

Back
Top Bottom