RM750x enough?

Associate
Evening all,

Hopefully nearing a stable rig now, just waiting for what will hopefully be the last RMA and once I get it back I will probably be chucking the stock 2700x wraith prism cooler for the h150i pro (non rgb).

Just wondering if I need to consider the PSU wattage for build, I have a Corsair RM750x and using the following online calculator it comes put with a load value of 692w with a reccomendation of 742w but just wanted your opinion on the spec:-

https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

-Ryzen 2700x
-Asus X370-f
-Aorus GTX 1080ti (possibly subject to change depending on RMA outcome?!)
-2 x 8gb 8 pack team group 3200 mhz ram
-1 x m2 drive
-2 x ssd
-2 x sata hdd
-H150i pro (can only select but hydro h115i in calc)
-6 total ML120 fans 3 x mb controlled 3 x h150i pro controlled
-Corsair m65 pro rgb mouse
-Corsair k70 rgb mk2
-Corsair Usb void surround headphones
-Occasional use of Xbox controller usb

Am I cutting it too close using the RM750x or should it handle this fine? What happens if you hit the limit on a PSU? Just after some advice from some folk with far more experience than myself!

Man of Honour
The RM750x will be more than enough. These online calculators are not particularly accurate and I doubt if you would get anywhere near what it is saying. The 1080ti can draw up to 300w by itself but that usually when heavily clocked and even if it did draw 300w the rest of your system is not going to pull anywhere near another 392w.

Associate
OP
Ah that's comforting to know, with all of the issues I have had with the build I would hate to think that they are being caused by an under powered PSU!

Many thanks is for your feedback!

Back
Top Bottom