Rma PSU

Associate
Hi, I've been having a problem with my pc completely shutting off then rebooting during gaming lately. I've run a barrage of tests including aida 64 (passed fine), intel burn test (passed fine). The one test i can get the pc to do crash exactly like when i'm gaming is furmark.
I have a Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850W '80 Plus Bronze' Fully Modular Power Supply that i purchased from overclockers on 3/6/2014. I'm pretty sure it's psu related. Do i need to contact Seasonic directly or will OCUK handle the RMA?

TIA.

Man of Honour
It will be Seasonic directly after all this time. Are you sure it's the psu and not the gpu though? Gaming and Furmark would point more towards a gpu being faulty. Have you monitored gpu temps at all? Unless you are running dual cards with everything overclocked your psu won't be pulling anywhere near 850w and most probably a lot less than 500w. What is your pc's spec?

Associate
OP
Pretty sure it’s the psu, I do have 2x Gtx1080 in sli. If I disable the second card it will pass the furmark test without shutting off. I tried changing the cards around and running again and it still passes which says to me the cards themselves are ok. Gpu temps never go above 65 degrees when loaded 100%.

Rest of spec is i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ddr3, 2 x gigabyte gtx 1080 g1 gaming, nzxt x60 aio cooler, 2 x ssd drives, 2 x hdd.

Man of Honour
GTX 1080's are single 8 pin power aren't they? If so how are you powering the cards, one pci-e lead for both cards or one pci-e lead per card? If it's one lead for both cards it is possible that switching to a lead per card could make things more stable.

Associate
OP
Yes you are correct, 1 single 8 pin per card. I was using one lead for both cards but today went into the loft and got another lead down. It didn't make any difference :(

I've ordered a new Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 850W psu from overclockers today for delivery tomorrow, going to try that and if i do have to rma the original psu at least i can still use my pc.

Back
Top Bottom