Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Skipped the commute today, weather was a bit fresh but blue sky everywhere so went for a 35mi ride with my mate on his bespoke SSCX averaged 13.2mph and it was the most fun I've had on a bike for a while just cruising a long and not paying any attention to the Garmin.

Soldato
Yours is in my parts box actually although I did use one of the stem bolts from it after I over torqued one on this one and the head snapped off :eek:

Soldato
I didn't realise it was packable :( I ordered one but then cancelled thinking it was to similar to the Rapha hardshell when what I really need is something like a softshell. Glad other people are happy w/ it though. I've had some nice bargains on cycling kit from Amazon recently :)

Caporegime
weird that the larger sizes weren't discounted lol...

I don't see many tall cyclists although the chubby little ones with a spare few tyres probably need them :(

Caporegime
do they all get ridden? or just to much hassle to sell them on?

At the moment I have a road bike and a mountain bike. They both get used, though obviously the roadie gets a lot more use.

Next year I'm going to get a better road bike, so then my crap road bike will become my winter bike, and my wife might borrow it as well. I'm also planning on getting a single speed/fixie for short, casual runs or for something different on longer, flattish rides. I could also see a place for a real Sunday best carbon road bike and a vintage steel 80s bike in time. That would be 6 bikes without breaking a sweat.

Touch also does TT, as I recall, so may well have a TT bike. Asprilla does triathlons, though I don't know whether he has a dedicated tri-bike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom