Road Cycling

Soldato
https://www.bike24.com/p2183552.html

The wheels will come with wee plug things that insert into the bigger holes that your canyon will use. You can reuse the skewers from the boardman.

There is about 4 different bags with bits and bobs for qr, 12 and 15mm axle parts. Pretty much they will come set up to go straight on the canyon and you add the plugs, I think removing something off the back wheel as they are 142x12 and need to be narrower for the boardman. Read the instructions it does make sense or post up photos as the lock nut on the drive side is left hand thread I'm sure.

So... I have my new Fulcrum wheels... and this morning I got the email saying my Reynolds wheel will come tomorrow! I wont bother doing anything with the Fulcrum for now, I'll wait until Halfords send me the eBike and then come back for advice on how I get the Fulcrum to go on them :)

Soldato
New Corima rims out today/last week look INSANE.

Disc brake only funky carbon spoke design.

The finish and quality of Corima is usually very good, just the marketing almost doesn’t exist compared to most company’s, yet they sponsor a WT team.

Last edited:
Soldato
Those spokes. I couldn't ride them with them looking so weak.

Silly I know but carbon spokes can break. My boss had a Mavic R sys front wheel collapse during a winning sprint.

https://www.strava.com/activities/3262587804

Wanted to get more miles in without going really far away so went to 'the valley' to try all the climbs out of it. Had planned a route of 76 miles and 7500ft of climbing but the rain came on and off a few times to didn't do the last 3 in my plan.

Thank **** though. As I headed home the block headwind was crippling and destroyed my average speed.

Last edited:
Soldato
That’s a lot of climbing! In metric I aim for 100m every 10km.

Gotta make sure you eat something going past 2.5 hrs esp if you’re doing efforts, was a headwind for me Sunday coming home, luckily I took the lanes and dodged riding into it constantly.

Soldato
That was the plan, want to get better at it as its what makes the cut in the bigger races.

Both 234 races

30s on a 10 minute climb would have kept me in the bunch and the rest of the route was more punchy.

Another race I was just off the back over another long climb and had to do work hard to get back in the bunch but that tired me out for the next long drag.

Stay in bunch good. Dangle off the back bad.

Soldato
That’s a lot of climbing! In metric I aim for 100m every 10km.

Gotta make sure you eat something going past 2.5 hrs esp if you’re doing efforts, was a headwind for me Sunday coming home, luckily I took the lanes and dodged riding into it constantly.
I'm disappointed if I don't hit 50ft/mile, since I've moved I'm definitely getting more hills in, been out on the cx bike and usually hitting 100ft/mile. I've got no choice if I want the quieter roads. But that's what I prefer, much better now I can take descents at slightly higher speed,although so many high hedgerows round here you're always tempering it slightly, and still loads of gravel washed down on the roads from the winter we've had that'll take even longer for the cars to sweep away with current traffic levels.

Makes it tougher if you're aiming for a steady ride though trying to keep power in check with bigger Chunks of not much pedalling.

Soldato
usually because you're either not-that-confident with SPDs (which is a bit of a fallacious reason - they're a lot harder to get into than standard MTB SPDs) or because you want to use the bike in trainers.

Soldato
you want to use the bike in trainers

I commute on it in plain black trainers, which I then wear at work. I could leave work shoes at work and put road pedals on, but I wont lie, I do like I have the option to use any trainer with it. Is there a big advantage to road pedals and shoes? I think someone told me the firmer sole helps transfer the power, which did have me thinking I might switch them up.

Remove the plastic special ring though lol

N00b question incoming, do I have to take the cassette off to do this, or am I missing something obvious for an easy way to just remove it?

Back
Top Bottom