Road Cycling

Soldato
Okay, back to putting these new wheels on my hybrid... can someone confirm, the disc of my current wheels are different and not compatible, right?

yEV9KCX.jpg

r0K6DkJ.jpg

I don't mind buying new discs, in some ways I prefer it anyway. I would love to be able to just quick release one set and put the others on. Yes, I'll need another cassette, which might be too bad either, as I can get different sizes for off road and road, which could work...

Can anyone link to discs that will be compatible please? :) (Something like this?)

Soldato
Yep, one is 6 bolt and the other is centrelock.

Some centrelock rotors do up with a cassette tool, others do up with a different tool I can't recall.

Soldato
Well the weather changed a bit. Half the temperature of yesterday and windy AF. Oh well it’s only weather.

So quiet out compared to yday.

Yesterday despite having a rest Friday my body felt meh and tired and although my numbers were OK I struggled to get my HR over 175bpm and never felt amazing.

Today although fatigued a little much improved, smoother pedalling and better sensations, getting on-top of the gear better. Overdid it on a longer cat 4 (10 min) climb and faded the last 2-3 minutes towards the top but 343w is nothing to sniff about. Otherwise flew around when I had a tailwind and generally enjoyed myself.

Dura Ace brakes are great but you have to run them close to the rim with the Sram shifters as the pull is slightly different. No rear shifting problems yesterday or today so looks like the Park alignment gauge has worked a treat. Bike working great, gonna need a rear tyre soonish as it’s starting to cut up quite a lot now but no flats & I ran it over winter (GP5000).

Soldato
Folks a quick question.
I'm looking to sell my Aeroad - where is the best place to advertise it? I checked out eBay and their fees are 10% of the final sale. If this is the best place to sell then i'm happy to pay it but are there any others worth trying first? I have it up on the Bike Radar forum but their For Sale section is hidden away and doesn't seem to get the traffic :(

Soldato
Folks a quick question.
I'm looking to sell my Aeroad - where is the best place to advertise it? I checked out eBay and their fees are 10% of the final sale. If this is the best place to sell then i'm happy to pay it but are there any others worth trying first? I have it up on the Bike Radar forum but their For Sale section is hidden away and doesn't seem to get the traffic :(

That's because they reskinned their forum to some complete mess. It used to be alright but traffic has died off since then.

I sold my old hybrid on Facebook marketplace earlier... within 15 hours or so for more than I expected. Apparently bikes are selling like hotcakes at the moment (said the buyer... maybe he was planning to turn a profit..)

Soldato
I sold my old hybrid on Facebook marketplace earlier... within 15 hours or so for more than I expected. Apparently bikes are selling like hotcakes at the moment (said the buyer... maybe he was planning to turn a profit..)

Hmm, maybe I should throw my Hybrid on there while the selling is good...?

Still exploring voucher options. With the motorbike being sold today I'm considering the eBike option more. What does anyone know about the Orbea Gain range? I quite like they look fairly normal, not eBike like.

Soldato
Folks a quick question.

Sometimes Ebay do a "sell for £1" promo, you could wait for that, or pop it on Pinkbike classified.

Soldato
20quid. And a pair of old SPDs

Soldato
Anyone used this type of tool?

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/pro-bottom-bracket-remover/

Finally received my bottom bracket order from CS and now need to get it removed and replaced. It's pretty wobbly (but no creaks!).

In other news, Tweeks being usual Tweeks pretended they had stock of an item. I ordered two and they took like 10 days to tell me it's actually out of stock and will come into stock in June. Meanwhile, it was still showing on their website as available within 4 days. They didn't respond to a single email and have not sent the rest of the order. I raised a Paypal claim. Seems like it might just be a practice of theirs to get money more quickly... show stock when other sites don't have it, get the money and then take ages to fulfil.

Soldato
@Lethal` I have had that exact issue with Tweeks before. I will never buy anything from them ever and have told every person I know the same thing. Scumbag company, avoid.

Soldato
@Lethal` I have had that exact issue with Tweeks before. I will never buy anything from them ever and have told every person I know the same thing. Scumbag company, avoid.

I'm pretty sure they did it to me the first time I ordered from them. I thought during these times I would give them another chance as everywhere else had price gouged or OOS. Lesson learnt.

I might leave a trustpilot review too.

Soldato
Does anyone know if Canyon allow for the change of parts on new bike orders? - Canyon Endurace 48 DT wheelset to allow for 28mm to match rim width fitted to a Canyon Ultimate? The 48 DT wheelset on the Ultimate is narrower both externally and internally and designed for 25mm.

Back
Top Bottom