Road Cycling

Associate
view.php

Ouch!

They are gonna crisp up nicely!

went out for a short ride the next day, I’m the type that if I don’t get back on it straight away I’ll keep putting it off

Associate
Tried clipless pedals for the first time last week. Never been so nervous to cycle.
So much better on climbs and out the saddle. And only one sketchy half fall when i hit some sand!
I'm sure I will fall over at some point though.

Associate
Tried clipless pedals for the first time last week. Never been so nervous to cycle.
So much better on climbs and out the saddle. And only one sketchy half fall when i hit some sand!
I'm sure I will fall over at some point though.

If you mean clip ins I’ve got some funny stories from when I first started using them.

the first time I had come back without stacking it. I pulled into my drive, neighbours all in their front gardens, forgot to unclip so I fell into a bush.

second time out I stopped in traffic and forget to unclip much to the amusement of the ambulance crew right behind me :D

Associate
If you mean clip ins I’ve got some funny stories from when I first started using them.

the first time I had come back without stacking it. I pulled into my drive, neighbours all in their front gardens, forgot to unclip so I fell into a bush.

second time out I stopped in traffic and forget to unclip much to the amusement of the ambulance crew right behind me :D
:D Made me chuckle.
Good stories aside, I would rather not fall off. I think the panic is worse than the actual fall.
They are called clipless, which is counter intuitive. I had to look it up when I purchased them, it refers to the lack of toe clips I think, when they were still a thing.

Soldato
:D Made me chuckle.
Good stories aside, I would rather not fall off. I think the panic is worse than the actual fall.
They are called clipless, which is counter intuitive. I had to look it up when I purchased them, it refers to the lack of toe clips I think, when they were still a thing.
I remember that feeling... And I had the obligatory "Roll up to the lights. Put foot down. Foot? won't? go? down? WTF! Bang!" moment.

Now I feel unsafe on flats - you're able to move the bike around so much more clipped in.

Soldato
I remember that feeling... And I had the obligatory "Roll up to the lights. Put foot down. Foot? won't? go? down? WTF! Bang!" moment.

Now I feel unsafe on flats - you're able to move the bike around so much more clipped in.

If we are talking clip less pedal incidents one happened to my brother just like above 2 weeks ago.

The girl in the car behind us was literally besides herself with laughter. I think the fact my brother screamed out "NOOOO" was the real cherry on the cake of it all.

I told him thats what he gets for being arrogant and trying to slow pedal/out balance the red light. He even scoffed a bit at me for un-clipping so soon in preparation! Oh how he soon learnt why.

Soldato
Had my first 100km ride today. Loaded the bikes onto the car with a mate and we drove out to start the ride, so we'd get some new roads :) Was a great ride, didn't actually feel too bad by the end. My legs were okay, bigger issue was sore bum and feet, but another cake and coffee stop would have fixed that if needed. Averaged 17.6mph with 3,600ft of climbing, which I was quite happy with.

Associate
@labbby I would leave the scratches unless there down to the carbon I mean how many ppl can say that where taken out but a rockfall and touch tend to look worse unless you pay a lot of it to be done

Associate
Had my first 100km ride today. Loaded the bikes onto the car with a mate and we drove out to start the ride, so we'd get some new roads :) Was a great ride, didn't actually feel too bad by the end. My legs were okay, bigger issue was sore bum and feet, but another cake and coffee stop would have fixed that if needed. Averaged 17.6mph with 3,600ft of climbing, which I was quite happy with.
Well done!
Super windy in the midlands this afternoon, hope you didn't get any big headwinds.

Soldato
Got dropped tonight after easing off into a wet dodgy bend :(

Hate the feeling of getting spat but I'd rather be alive than embedded in the front of a car for a training ride.

Soldato
Got dropped tonight after easing off into a wet dodgy bend :(

Hate the feeling of getting spat but I'd rather be alive than embedded in the front of a car for a training ride.

Never done proper group rides, but safety first better to be alive and well and dropped than anything else.

Whats everyone suggestions on the best bang for buck Bib shorts and jersey combo?

I have DHB Aeron shorts (i think) at the moment, but my jersey needs replacing as it was bought when i was 2 stone lighter than I am now (not all flab, more so muscle from stonglifts in the gym).

AS usually i dont want to break the bank!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom