Road Cycling

Soldato
Yeah just normal BC entry, I think 25 quid. Half did it as a joke, and was fairly surprised to get entry as a reserve! I guess not many bother entering. Hoping not too much bother to get UCI legal now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah just normal BC entry, I think 25 quid. Half did it as a joke, and was fairly surprised to get entry as a reserve! I guess not many bother entering. Hoping not too much bother to get UCI legal now.

Can imagine there being limited entries. Bargain for a closed road TT! No trip sockies for you! I have no clue about how much adjustment I'd need to make to my position. Least I could ride my bike now they've changed the 3:1 rule. Oh well good luck looks a challenging course.

Soldato
there are some small rolling resistance benefits (though still not as good as a latex tube) and you can run slightly lower pressures. But that's about it.

on a mountain bike it is brilliant, you can run nice and soft without risk of pinch flats, and the low pressures mean they tend to seal with hardly any drop in pressure

Soldato
Anyone ridden a De Rosa? Know what they're like?

A few years back one of their frames was completely identical to one ribble were selling, which implies they aren't shy about sticking their brand on open mould stuff. A mate had their fancy retro steel thing though and that was *lovely*.

basically, tread with care. no one wants an expensive open-mould frame

Soldato

You are as quick/quicker than 2 Scottish blokes who have a number already so not sure why they have you as a res?
Phil Jones on the res list is coached by my coach and is seriously strong this season, again, not sure why he is on res list compared a couple of the names with starts either.

I hope you get in Thomas, that would be awesome.

Soldato
A few years back one of their frames was completely identical to one ribble were selling, which implies they aren't shy about sticking their brand on open mould stuff. A mate had their fancy retro steel thing though and that was *lovely*.

basically, tread with care. no one wants an expensive open-mould frame
Ah good to know! Damn them! They are pretty :D

Soldato
Didn't get home from work in time for my clubs social ride, so went out on my own instead for a quick 50km. Otley looked lovely from the top of Askwith Moor. Managed to average 16.5mph somehow for the whole route which is fairly good for me!
s1pqovtl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom