Road Cycling

Soldato
especially as road riders seem happy to pay quite a price hike/premium... Which Conti have taken advantage of with those RRP's! Geez! :o

Nobody rides tan walls (and makes them look good) other than Shamrock.

Absolutely, they have pretty much doubled the price of the GP4000S II for the GP5000

BennyC will be upset you said that about tan walls :D

Soldato
Tan walls cannot be rocked on British soil and result in being "pulled off". A scientific impossibility. Especially in hippy LANDAN city streets, utterly ridic.
There are only 3 countries in the world where tan walls belong. Can you name them?

Soldato
BennyC will be upset you said that about tan walls :D
Whoops! Sorry Benny!

Tan walls cannot be rocked on British soil and result in being "pulled off". A scientific impossibility. Especially in hippy LANDAN city streets, utterly ridic.
There are only 3 countries in the world where tan walls belong. Can you name them?
Of course, but I'd expand the list to 6. Name them?:p
Holland, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Italy & Spain. All the countries where Classics and Monuments are ridden!

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/12/dynaplug-tubeless-tyre-repair-review-air-racer-carbonlite/

Anyone heard of these before?

http://www.dynaplug.com/bicycles.html

Basically a portable quick 'plug' you can shove into a tubeless tyre when you puncture, some of the marketing even pointing that if you're quick enough you don't have to top up with air. But they've also developed a road one with a plug and co2. How long until we see pro's riding with something like this so they don't need neutral service?! :D

Soldato
Haha seeing if you where awake! I originally put Denmark when I meant Luxembourg, then thought 'there's no races there' and amended it to Netherlands, doh! ;)

Still no races specifically in Luxembourg (except 'tour de lux') which I find confusing?! Not sure if there where previously and they're discontinued?

With the Schlecks previously and now Bob Jungels from there I always assumed they're a big cycling nation. But my limited travels through there all I remember are supermarkets and petrol stations, with no hills haha :o

Soldato
You have triggered my hunting for a cool graphic I seen which showed the amount of WT level cyclists to come out of nations versus their overall population in said nation. It was neat.
Lux and Slovenia were at the top by far. Strong lads. Not Belgian strong though.

Soldato
Yeah, much of my terminology probably comes from work (Horticulture) where Dutch/Holland are used, nobody mentions Netherlands.

@xdcx still waiting on your beer & cookies blog updates. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
oh.....Di2 people. I'm not sure if my new bike has wireless Di2 or not (or should I say bluetooth?)

I've read that to activate the bluetooth connectivity, you hold the button on the junction box for about 0.5s, and then the lights flash alternately. Mine doesn't do that, so does that mean mine doesn't have that function?

I'm pretty sure it has Dura Ace 9100 series (although the Shimano series codes baffle the hell out of me), and I've read that might have the wireless battery needed.

(PS. I know it seems weird not knowing what I have, but there's a long a boring reason!)

Soldato
Quickie - emailed a couple of the 'Specialized Concept Stores' to try and identify the sizing of a grub screw from their mudguards I'm using that I'm starting to round the head out of.

Bristol - Offered to take a look, confirmed they have some in their workshop they'll supply when I'm 'next in store' for free.
Chester - Pop into store and they'll supply replacements for free.
Birmingham - £4 posted for a single grub screw.
Cheltenham - Asked me how I was finding the new tyres, offered to take a look when I'm next in store, then offered to post me some, checking cost have said they'll pop 'them' in the post for free!

Result. Although none of them have told me the size so I can't go out and get them somewhere else. Part of me wants the sizing so I can source some of my own with thumb screws for my front forks as the amount of dirt that gets into the heads is why I'm sure rounding them out. Clever design (hidden mounts), poorly executed (tiny 2mm grubs requiring too much torque to keep stays tight).

Soldato
oh.....Di2 people. I'm not sure if my new bike has wireless Di2 or not (or should I say bluetooth?)

I've read that to activate the bluetooth connectivity, you hold the button on the junction box for about 0.5s, and then the lights flash alternately. Mine doesn't do that, so does that mean mine doesn't have that function?

I'm pretty sure it has Dura Ace 9100 series (although the Shimano series codes baffle the hell out of me), and I've read that might have the wireless battery needed.

(PS. I know it seems weird not knowing what I have, but there's a long a boring reason!)

You need the D-Fly bluetooth unit on top of the normal stuff, it doesn't come with it out of the box. Your kit should have the bluetooth capable battery being the newer design but you need to buy yet another part. PS it's not really worth it in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom