Road Rage Incident

Soldato
Had a bit of an alarming incident at PF today :(

Went out for a quick drive with omitchell, following Minimax and Lois in the Tiv.

Onto the A11, nice blat along, me following Minimax.

Overtake a dark grey/black Jag XJR which cuts up Minimax (I later found out) and tried to side swipe me :/

Minimax pulls into left hand lane, I pull in behind him. Jag remains a fairly significant distance back in outside lane, I indicate and pull out to overtake a car in front. At this point the Jag (who we thought was pwig) gets litterally inches from by rear bumper, flashing his lights like a mad man.

I then pull over to the left hand lane thinking me must be in a hurry, want to let him pass. He passes and cuts right across into my lane in front of me and absolutely stands on the anchors:o Thankfully, 2+ tonnes of Jag doesn't stop that sharpish, in anything else would probably have hit him.

At this point on a busy dual carriageway he slows to approx 5mph, I keep a distance behind him, he's now stopped dead. I try to pass him on the outside and he tries to ram me into the central reservation. Minimax and Lois were behind me at this point and will no doubt give their view of it!

Get up to normal speeds again with him behind me, right up my ring piece. He pulls the same manouevere, cuts across in front of me and slams the anchors on.

He now stops his car in the outside lane of a busy dual carriageway and gets out and comes towards me. Huge bloke, in his 40s. At least 6 people in the jag, 3 of which teenagers. Oliver says as soon as he gets out of the car floor it, once he has made about 3 steps up the carriageway towards me, I floor it down the inside and turn off asap!

Minimax said he reported it to a BiB at Tesco and they said there's a Category A prison up the road so was probably one of the nutters visiting there, nothing unusual!

Results for T4 LMC

Manufacturer JAGUAR
Model XJR V8 AUTO
Body type 4 DOOR SALOON
Colour BLACK
Fuel type PETROL
Date manufactured 31 December 1999

Soldato
OP
saitrix said:
You are very lucky to have such a high performing car as you do. :eek: Really do wonder how someone can get in such a rage.

Deffo, in any normal car I'd have been in serious trouble. I only got past him the first time as I managed to turn away and nip past him, no doubt he was trying to make contact with me whatsoever.

Man of Honour
The_Dark_Side said:
i'd have phoned plod while this was going on....hands free of course ;)

muppets like this need removing from the roads asap.

Agreed. He's not just a menace to you he's putting a lot of people on that dual carriageway in an unecessary position and danger. I mean, stopping a car in the middle of a dual carriageway?? What on earth? He most certainly had a screw loose - glad you got away unscathed and didn't turn it into anything more serious!

Permabanned
saitrix said:
You are very lucky to have such a high performing car as you do. :eek: Really do wonder how someone can get in such a rage.

His mums a **** and sleeps around. his brothers are in lock up and his confused about his sexuality. He doesnt have a job or any money but has several kids on benefit.

I could go on.

Sounds like you got away quite well from the whole thing, i think i would have just hit him with the car to be fair. :(

Jon

Soldato
OP
Jon Frost said:
His mums a **** and sleeps around. his brothers are in lock up and his confused about his sexuality. He doesnt have a job or any money but has several kids on benefit.

I could go on.

Sounds like you got away quite well from the whole thing, i think i would have just hit him with the car to be fair. :(

Jon

If there had not been room, would have hit him, hard.

Permabanned
Muncher said:
If there had not been room, would have hit him, hard.

:( I can imagine how you feel.

Still, im a firm beleiver in "what goes around comes around". If he keeps up his **** stupid larkings, someone will get him.

Not much of a possitive, but. As others say at least you didnt get hurt.

Jon :)

Soldato
Wow, sounds damn scary. Looks like you had a lucky escape.

I guess it's just lucky Mickey_D wasn't driving or he would have blown the guys head off with a shot gun :D

Caporegime
Kroegen said:
I would feel lucky that i had a reasonably fast car to get me away from those kind of situations.

I really am not looking forward to my first car :(

Thing is that jag aint exactly slow 0-60, 7.2 seconds and with a crazed driver behind the wheel anything cold happen if you try and run!

Soldato
OP
Kroegen said:
Its true, but the car was full of fat passengers, that thing wont hit 60 under 10 seconds with the weight :p

It didn't half shift, when it came right up behind me, must have been doing about 130mph. At the point of slamming the anchors on in front of me, maybe 120mph. Just wanted to get off the wide open roads as on any kind of country road he wouldn't have seen which way I'd gone.

You are pretty vulnerable in the VX like that, roof off, windows down, no chance of getting out in a hurry.

Back
Top Bottom