Road rage.. who gets it?

Soldato
Something I can never get is road rage. I can't really get annoyed at the wheel, and will naturally joke in disebelief. That's not to say I drive around like Ned Flanders as people do wind me up, but my anger is limited to "peeved".

I can't imagine getting so angry at someone that I'd need to scream at them flailing my hands about, or have to get out the car and start a full scale fist fight over them travelling at 20 in a 40, or whatever it happens to be.

So, who here will admit to being a little too hot-headed behind the wheel? Also, who's got out of the car to "start something" before? :eek:

Soldato
I'm not sure if I'd describe myself as being susceptible to "road rage" - The "abuse" I give is purely verbal, i.e horn, lights and hand gestures. I do sometimes use them in good doses when something really annoys me though :o

The other week I was sitting at some lights on the main road near my house and one of the passengers in the car infront of me got out and started rooting through his back seats for something just as the lights went green so I blasted him and he mouthed "**** off" at me, I guess that could easily have escalated if he'd have been of a tempermental disposition ;) Prat could have stopped in the layby 50 yards up the road though :rolleyes:

Associate
I do. I know i shouldnt but i do. For instance. Some guy turning a tight corner decides that coming onto my side of the road right infront of me and scraping my bumper was the best option. He then has the nerve to stop, get out of his car and give me a bollocking. I felt like headbutting the **** and running him over.

Associate
I get annoyed when people do stupid things, but I mostly just sigh to myself and carry on. I think I only every used my horn twice in my 4 years of driving as a form of abuse.

Got out of my car once when a woman driving her kid to school turned right out of a road without checking and I had to swerve to the other side of the road to avoid her, luckily there wasnt any cars on the other side or I would have either gone straight into her or into an oncoming car, was shocked people would drive like that with their kid in the front seat.

Soldato
The thing that annoys me is when people are in the wrong, you beep to avoid an accident and they swear at you? :confused:

What is that all about? I can't see the point in road rage someone is always guaranteed to tick you off.

Associate
I use to be a right nutcase ,getting out the car and pulling peoples car doors open and wanting to kill them !

I don't bother now ,just calmly give them the finger then put my foot down and leave them behind !

Had this old women yesterday going mental with her horn because she thought I cut her off then next to me at the lights she was giving me the dick head sign :eek::D so funny as she was in her 60s :D

Soldato
ive only ever had proper road rage once, because some **** nearly killed me. When i had the courtesy 320D, i was making decent progress along the NSl road that leads up to my house, when i came across a group of 3 cars pootling along at about 35. The guy at the back backed off a fair bit when i got behind them, I assumed being a courteus gent and letting a guy who wanted to make progress have a decent amount of room to do a 1 car at a time overtake.

Went to overtake him on a mid length straight, and just as i got my rear doors to his fronts, he dropped a cog and booted it. Now, in the mondeo i wouldve been well past him and back in, but with the lack of pace it made it EXTREMELY close call to the upcoming corner as i squeezed back in infront of him.....he then had the cheek to get right up my bumper swearing at me so i just lost it :( slammed on and narrowly avoided a bumper ornament and got out to give him an earful on how ridiculously dangerous it is to try and stop someone from doing a legit overtake by accelerating as they are side by side with you, ended up a massive heated arguement half way up an NSL mountain road lol. Ah well, no skin was exchanged in the end, but i was ****** furious.

Tom.

Soldato
OP
I don't think I'd ever get out of my car to confront someone purely because they had performed some dodgy driving. I'm of the opinion that we've lives to get on with, so let's leave it at that.

I also see opening someone's car door as a MAJOR line to cross. I was discussing this with a friend of mine earlier today, and he seemed almost shocked when I said that if someone was trying to pull me out of the car by breaking in, the moment they had gained physical access, I would use the car as a tool of escape :p

Soldato
I never shout point or beep my horn at anyone, there are to many idiots about just waiting for an excuse to have a fight.

However I do get angry at morons, i usually just laugh and call them names to myself.

Man of Honour
Hmm I sometimes talk to myself when seeing someone do something stupid, e.g. "what the **** is that bint doing?" but would not wave/finger/flash/get red faced over something. I've had to use the horn once or twice when someone is about to remove my wing by drifting into my lane on a roundabout.

The funniest time I've seen someone get worked up when was I was driving down a wide residential street. There is enough room for normal traffic even with the odd car parked at the side. Some mad women in her MPV decided that because I didn't stop behind the car parked (on my side) and that I drove past it, making her move from the middle of the road and onto the side she should have been in the first place, that the main beam and hand waving was required :D She drove straight past with no trouble :confused:

One I was told last week from a colleague. He was passenger in an R8 when some curtain twitcher kept flashing his lights behind. They pulled over, thinking it was to point out something broken or loose at the back, but instead he lectured them on the guys driving (apparently he wasn't driving straight! Well this is an R8!). He asked them where were they going and that he was going to follow them through the next two towns to keep an eye on them, else he would call the Police. They both pulled his strings a bit & my collegue told him "don't worry, he's just had some drinks, he'll be fine in a bit" :D The guy had a fit and dropped his mobile :D They then left quite quick. haha

Soldato
I think I have only used my horn maybe twice, it's on the indicator stick so in the heat of the moment I normally forget where it is and try pushing the steering wheel lol

I don't tend to get stressed, just mutter to myself normally. I really don't understand the pure rage some people can muster while driving.

Soldato
Very rarely get the rage and 9 out of 10 times I do it'll be when I'm driving the Polo :confused:

The most I ever give is a quick blast of the horn or at the very worst flip the bird. Last time I flipped some moron off though he drove like a lunatic tailing me for a couple of miles until I'd had enough, found a nice busy high street, stopped the car and jumped out. He slowed down as he passed then sped off :p

Soldato
I don't get road rage at all. The only thing i get annoyed at is when I'm turning right and have to wait for a car to pass and they slow right down, meaning the cars behind then catch up and i lose the gap.

Back
Top Bottom