£££ Rockband- Unofficial thread £££

Caporegime
OP
I'm out of this game now. Can't stand the fret board any longer, why the hell did they have to change the difficulty on songs for RB3?

I can pass just about 80% of everything on expert guitar. I normally just struggle with 5 star songs. Yet they have altered the fail bar and song difficulty for RB3.

Me Enamora is a 1 star song on RB3 and I can't get through it. Songs I used to pass I can't any longer from previous RB's and I'm not going back down to hard.

Compare Me Enamora a 1 star song to a 4 star one like the Bohemian Rhapsody which is 4 star. The solo is way above any previous outtings for a 1 star. Yet they lob in loads of over drive making the game play like guitar hero.

I can understand making the songs harder, thats what the tiers are for but why the hell alter the fail bar as well?

I know the next lot of DLC won't work but frankly I don't care. I have enough anyway.

Caporegime
OP
Thats not the point, the point is I can fire up RB2 and pass a song, fire up RB3 and fail it. I don't want to see the 'stageshow' showing through the fret board and again I don't understand why they made the fail bar drop faster than it used to for miss timed notes.

They made it harder by adding a pro mode, there was no need to alter what they had.

I won't be losing anything because I wasn't going to buy any of the pro gear and I only like 5 of the setlist (completely down to taste).

Associate
its probably not what you wanna hear danny, but drop down to hard for those songs you struggle with? theres no shame in playing hard and not expert if needed.

i still dont get how you guitar freaks do it, my fretting hand cramps up after a go at "yoshimi.." and thats a low tier guitar song too i think! :/

Caporegime
OP
its probably not what you wanna hear danny, but drop down to hard for those songs you struggle with? theres no shame in playing hard and not expert if needed.

There are plenty of RB2 songs I couldn't finish on expert but I'm not dropping down to hard on loads of songs I used to finish pretty easily on other RBs because they changed the fail bar.

I would have lived with it had the fret bar and flashing lights not wanted to send me into seizure.

I will plug away with it until it's sold and hope you can alter the flashing lights for RB4. :)

Associate
I can and only ever have played guitar on hard also drums on hard but im loving rockband 3, My mrs only ever plays the keyboard on this i cant play keys for the love of money :/

drums on pro is well worth the upgrade imo

Soldato
Are you sure it's not a calibration issue Danny? Now that I've moved the calibration digits around and got used to it - it's pretty much the same as playing Rock Band 2 for me :)

Caporegime
OP
Nah I never calibrate anyway and it plays exactly the same as other RBs for accuracy etc.
There are plenty of vids doing the rounds to show the Fail bar drops quicker compared to RB2. Why they changed this I don't know.

Marky have you tried 'Me Enamora' yet on expert guitar. Try it, one star difficulty.

Soldato
Nah I never calibrate anyway and it plays exactly the same as other RBs for accuracy etc.
There are plenty of vids doing the rounds to show the Fail bar drops quicker compared to RB2. Why they changed this I don't know.

Marky have you tried 'Me Enamora' yet on expert guitar. Try it, one star difficulty.
Yea, I think you'll have to calibrate on this. I've never had to before, yet I did this time round.

Caporegime
OP
Yea, I think you'll have to calibrate on this. I've never had to before, yet I did this time round.

Last night I was thinking the same thing. I was playing still alive and what I was playing and where the notes where on the screen seemed out of whack a bit but I never had a single issue on drums at all.

Please tell me they are going to patch the fret board? White flashing lights when the overdrive whites are coming down hides them until the last instant :(

Just give me a solid black fret board please!

Antibodies is another expert guitar track that must have been rated by someone with no fail on.

Speaking of which you do know endless setlist can be done with no fail on ;)

I just need a rapid fire pad now to press A for me constantly.

Soldato
I haven't heard anything from HMX, but there's been a lot mentioned about it, so they may include a transparacy patch. Don't expect it'll be solid though.

Antibodies is a pain of a track, it actually cramps up my index finger when playing it. Can't remember the tiering of the top of my head, but anything under 2 dots is harsh.

The ESL should be doable with no fail, just don't expect to get the credit for it (you might, but don't be suprised).

I haven't played this for a few days now since 5 starring all the songs, and golding about half. Probably not going to play much either till I get the pro guitar, what a nice birthday present that'll be :)

Caporegime
OP
Hey man nice shot is also badly tiered. Took me three goes to do that and it's only 3 star. They have definately made the new stuff harder or badly placed it.

Enamora being the worst I've encountered so far. Snow is the only 4 star and below track I can't do and some of the lower tiered stuff in RB3 rivals any of the 4 star stuff I've played.

For me though the setlist on this one is pretty poor, as in fun to play on expert guitar. The charting doesn't seem upto their usual high standard, maybe having too many instruments to focus on these days. I've barely played a RB3 song on guitar that I thought was fun.

Back to the fret board, I lobbed on RB2 and the difference is amazing for seeing the notes coming, you can see them coming from upto double the width. The RB2 one isn't totally solid but the viewing distance is far better for my old eyes.

Currently just doing 20-30 songs per day to get through my setlist on ex guitar again, then will do the same with drums I think.

I quite like the little challenges, shame they didn't make them all achievements.

Soldato
Quick question, do you constantly down strum, or do you alt-strum, as if you just downstrum, that'd be why Me Enamora is hard. It's pretty constant 8th notes at a steady rhythm so unless alt-strumming, it'd be knackering.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah I just down strum, I will try again. Your at a much higher level than me so you probably don't notice as easily how some of these lower tier songs have been ramped up.

I get 80k on a song and it says in the corner, get another 165k and beat that **** creature, if it's not you it's cosmic duck! ;)

Soldato
Oh I noticed, don't worry. Enamora should be good for alt-strum practice as the chorus is a constant rhythm, and the accent/chords are always on down strums. Believe me, it's so much easier to play when you can do it.

Associate
Jesus, I didn't expect RB3 to bomb on release, but I guess they have had severe distribution/supply issues with various bundles which can't have helped sales... Still, just ~7k sold on launch day is really, really poor...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-01-how-many-copies-did-rock-band-3-sell

In other news though... I have purchased a lovely shiny new Roland TD3KW e-drum kit, just waiting on the midi pro adapter to hook this badboy up to the game, can't wait!!

Caporegime
OP
What do they expect when they keep adding kit. It puts the casual player off, they think it's another load of new stuff they need to buy.

I love the games but think they have run their course for now. The setlist for most of these new games are pretty poor now in comparison to previous editions.

7k is really bad.

Back
Top Bottom