*** Rocket League *** Car Football

Soldato
I thought rumble would be a terrible gimmick but it's actually good fun and gets quite tactical. Many a time I shouted in glee after using the plunger to fling the ball into the goal, only to have it frozen just before it crossed the line.

Had a moment last night where I went to use the plunger to pull the ball out from in front of our goal, but I actually had the grapple power up and ended up firing the ball into our own goal by mistake. Oops

Soldato
quite enjoying this but am noticing the online community is very toxic already in early ranked games, getting called loads of things even by team mates if we dont win :/ off putting, its a shame as i was coming around to it

Soldato
Fight fire with fire :D.

I can't get past Gold 1 so not sure if it gets any better.

I find it amusing 9/10 times it's the person who's done the least that's the most critical.

Soldato
Fight fire with fire :D.

I can't get past Gold 1 so not sure if it gets any better.

I find it amusing 9/10 times it's the person who's done the least that's the most critical.

True!

I just dont get it, i do report it for lols but not really that fussed on a personal level, but it just annoys me that people even think to stop and abuse others in the chat.

May turn off other team chat but last night i was underfire from my team mate who kept knocking me out of the way, stealing my shots etc then moaned that i didnt score etc.. he did score a massive 1 goal mind so he has every right to be mad :D

Soldato
When I have one of those people what I like to do is spend the scoreboard/finding new match time to write a "lovely" reply. Then just before I get put into a new match or the timer runs out send it.

I imagine not being able to reply upsets them a lot more than the insult(If you want good ones speak to Josh86 :D) added to they cant report me as I've left :D.

Soldato
When I have one of those people what I like to do is spend the scoreboard/finding new match time to write a "lovely" reply. Then just before I get put into a new match or the timer runs out send it.

I imagine not being able to reply upsets them a lot more than the insult(If you want good ones speak to Josh86 :D) added to they cant report me as I've left :D.

Lovely stratagy that!

Soldato
I'm nice normally :D.

Other than to MD but he plays better being abused and he likes to set up shots for the other team :eek:.

Wonder if theres enough of us on here to get some custom games going. If anybody would be up for it that is.

Last edited:
Soldato
Awesome. Guess easiest way would be to add me on steam "" and join the OcUK Discord.

I'll be on tomorrow. Way too tired for it atm :(. Missing some obvious shots :(.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm assuming people are still playing?!

its a long shot (and I'm assuming its allowed here) but does anyone want to trade? I've got 4x Champions Crate 2's & 3x Champions Crate 3's and want some keys.

Associate
Hey all

Just getting into this - bought it for my 5yo to play with me and i've started playing it on my own whenever I can!

Struggling to know how to deal with high balls coming down on me and running on the walls and of course aerials - jump timing seems to be getting better.

Giz

Soldato
Free play is good for practising wall control, from reset hit it towards the wall and it will roll up, then practice following it up and jumping from the wall.

For aerials, the training mode will help a lot, remember to double jump to get in the air quicker, a lot of people jump, boost and then jump again to hit the ball, but it's rather slow and doesn't help with shot power.

High balls, either if you have time, let it hit the front/side of your car to then dribble the ball, or challenge it in mid-air with an aerial.

Associate
are there any good wiki's or channels that could help with getting into this? I'm looking to buy it soon and want to see what the fuss is about :)

Back
Top Bottom