** ROG SEXYNESS: THREE NEW ROG SWIFTS COMING SOON!! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

OcUK has a worldwide first on the brand new lineup of ROG Swifts, check the descriptions on the webshop and ETA's for updates as stock is severely limited and we do not expect shipments until at least November and possibly later.

For now admire the specification and how truly amazing these new screens look, of course those who pre-order right now will guarantee themselves one from the first batch but be warned you will be waiting 6-12 weeks approximately:

Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 27" G-Sync 165Hz IPS Gaming Widescreen LED Monitor - Black/Red @ £749.99 inc VAT

MO-088-AS_400.jpg

The Asus PG279Q Gaming display has a maximum supported resolution of 2560×1440, also referred to as WQHD resolution. For a majority of gamers, this particular resolution is the most preferred one because of the faster GPUs you can get nowadays. They aren’t powerful enough (at least one of them) to be sufficient for 4K gaming at high refresh rates, so 1440p at 144Hz will have to do. Refresh rate means a lot more than resolution for most gamers anyways, so that is not a problem. And to top it off, this monitor is capable of reaching a maximum refresh rate of 165Hz when G-SYNC is enabled. (Only supported on GTX 960 and higher)!!

OcUK expects first shipments of this absolute stunning gaming monitor in November, stock shall be very tight and we expect limited numbers so we advice pre-ordering as early as possible to avoid disappointment and to have a monitor before Christmas.

Features:
- Worlds first 165Hz panel with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- 27-Inch, 2560x1440 2K/WQHD resolution IPS panel with superb 1000:1 contrast ratio, 350cd/m of brightness
- Super-narrow bezel design for seamless multi-display setups
- Asus exclusive 5-way OSD navigation joystick, GamePlus and 60-120-165Hz Turbo hotkey for an in-game advantage
- Ergonomic design with full tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustment. VESA mount compatible
- Features a signature and mysterious base pattern with the illuminated LED light-in-motion on the chassis for ROG brand synergy
- DisplayPort, HDMI and USB3.0 Hub

Specification:
- Fully adjustable stand: tilt/swivel/pivot/height
- Screen Size: 27" (69cm)
- Resolution: 2560x1440 WQHD
- Panel: IPS
- Response Time: 4ms
- Refresh Rate: 165Hz (G-SYNC ONLY / GTX 960 & Above)
- Brightness: 350cd/m
- Contrast ratio: 1000:1 (100,000,000:1 DCR)
- Connectivity: 1x DisplayPort & 1x HDMI
- USB 3.0 Hub
- G-Sync Enabled
- Warranty: 3yr

Notes/FAQ:
- 165Hz G-SYNC mode is ONLY supported on GTX 960 and above, GTX 700 series only support upto 120Hz!!
- 3x NVIDIA GeForce GTX660Ti BOOST GPU or higher in 3-way SLI configuration are needed, or GPU with 3x DP connectors for surround mode.
- Driver version 355.60 already released for all G-SYNC-supported graphics cards. If you are using GTX 9 series graphics cards, you can download 355.60 or latest version from NVIDIA website.
NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology only works with NVIDIA’s graphic cards. Other GPUs are NOT able to support this technology.
- NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology automatically scales up your contents displayed to 2560 x 1440. The DisplayPort supports 2560 x 1440 up to 165Hz. The HDMI only supports 2560 x 1440 @ 60Hz.
- The ROG SWIFT PG279Q can support G-SYNC Surround (3x SWIFT PG279Q) up to 7680 x 1440 (*Driver version 355.60 already released for all G-SYNC-supported graphics cards. If you are using GTX 9 series graphics cards, you can download 355.60 or latest version from NVIDIA website.)
- PG279Q does NOT support NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ .
- NVIDIA ® Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB) Technology works only at 85Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz.

Only £749.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Asus PG27AQ ROG Swift 27" 4k G-Sync IPS Gaming Widescreen LED Monitor - Black/Red @ £799.99 inc VAT

MO-090-AS_400.jpg

A lot of you have been waiting for a higher resolution version of our current ROG SWIFT the PG278Q. We have been hard at work designing and developing a monitor to meet the needs and wants of the ultra high-resolution gaming enthusiast. After spending sometime with the PG27AQ I think display enthusiasts are going to be pretty excited about this new addition to the ROG line of monitors.

OcUK expects stock to arrive around December of this amazing 4K Gaming Monitor from Asus ROG.

Features:
- 27-inch, 3840x2160 4K/UHD resolution IPS panel with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, superb 1000:1 contrast ratio and 300cd/m brightness
- Super-narrow bezel design for seamless multi-display setups
- Ergonomic design with full tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustment. VESA-mount compatible
- Asus exclusive 5-way OSD navigation joystick, GamePlus and GameVisual for an in-game advantage
- Features a signature and mysterious base pattern with the illuminated LED light-in-motion on the chassis for ROG brand synergy
- DisplayPort, HDMI and USB3.0 Hub

Specification:-
- Fully adjustable stand: tilt/swivel/pivot/height
- Screen Size: 27" (68.47cm)
- Resolution: 3840x2160 4K/UHD
- Panel: IPS
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Brightness: 300cd/m
- Contrast ratio: 1000:1 (100M:1 DCR)
- Connectivity: 1x DisplayPort & 1x HDMI
- USB 3.0 Hub
- G-Sync Enabled
- Warranty: 3yr (On-Site with Asus - 01442 265 548)

Notes/FAQ:
- 3x NVIDIA GeForce TITAN X GPU in 3-way SLI configuration are needed for surround vision.
- Driver version 355.60 already released for all G-SYNC-supported graphics cards. If you are using GTX 9 series graphics cards, you can download 355.60 or latest version from NVIDIA website.
- NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology only works with NVIDIA’s graphic cards. Other GPUs are NOT able to support this technology.
- NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology automatically scales up your contents displayed to 3840 x 2160. The DisplayPort supports 3840 x 2160 up to 60Hz. The HDMI supports 3840 x 2160 @ 24Hz.
- The ROG SWIFT PG27AQ can support G-SYNC Surround (3x SWIFT PG27AQ) up to 11520 x 2160 (*Driver version 355.60 already released for all G-SYNC-supported graphics cards. If you are using GTX 9 series graphics cards, you can download 355.60 or latest version from NVIDIA website.)
- PG27AQ does NOT support NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ . PG27AQ does NOT support NVIDIA ® Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB)

Only £799.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Asus PG348Q ROG Swift 34" G-Sync 100Hz IPS Gaming Widescreen Curved LED Monitor - Black/Red @ £1,199.99 inc VAT

MO-089-AS_400.jpg

ROG Swift PG348Q is a 34-inch gaming monitor with a curved 3440 x 1440 resolution IPS panel for immersive gaming visuals. This 21:9 aspect display has built-in NVIDIA G-SYNC technology and a 100Hz rapid refresh rate for ultra-smooth gaming visuals with no screen tearing or lag. ASUS GamePlus gives users four different crosshair options, an in-game timer and an FPS counter for an added advantage in first-person-shooter and real-time-strategy games; while ASUS GameVisual technology provides six preset display modes for optimized gaming visuals. ROG Swift has a frameless curved design that is perfect for an immersive gaming experience, and is ergonomically-designed with tilt, swivel, and height adjustments.

OcUK expects first shipments of these around December/January time, we expect limited numbers and pre-christmas delivery cannot be guaranteed at this moment in time until we get better leadtime from Asus.

Features:
- 34", 21:9 aspect ratio monitor with 3440x1440 resolution IPS panel for excellent visual performance
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology and fast 100Hz refresh rate reduce tearing, stutter and lag during gameplay
- Frameless curved design for immersive gaming experience
- Asus exclusive 5-way OSD navigation joystick, GamePlus, GameVisualand Turbo hotkey for an in-game advantage
- Ergonomic design with tilt, swivel and height adjustment. VESA mount compatible
- Features a signature mysterious pattern with the illuminated LED light-in-motion on the chassis for ROG brand synergy.
- Built in 2W Stereo speakers
- DisplayPort, HDMI and USB 3.0 Hub

Specification:-
- Screen Size Class (diagonal): 34" Curved
- Panel Type: IPS
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Resolution: 3440x1440
- Refresh rate: 100Hz (G-SYNC)
- Brightness (typical): 300 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio(Original): 100M:1
- Viewing Angle (CR>10): 178/178
- Connectivity: 1x HDMI & 1x DisplayPort
- Speakers: 2x 2W
- Tilt: Yes
- Height Adjust: Yes
- USB 3.0 Hub
- VESA: 100 x 100
- Warranty: 3yr

Notes/FAQ:
- 3x NVIDIA GeForce TITAN X GPU in 3-way SLI configuration are needed for surround vision.
- G-SYNC & 100Hz only supported on GTX 700, GTX 900 and Titan series.
- NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology only works with NVIDIA’s graphic cards. Other GPUs are NOT able to support this technology.
- NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology automatically scales up your contents displayed to 3440 x 1440. The DisplayPort supports 3440 x 1440 up to 100Hz. The HDMI only supports 3440 x 1440 @ 30Hz.
- The ROG SWIFT PG348Q can support G-SYNC Surround (3x SWIFT PG348Q) up to 10320 x 1440 (*Driver version 355.60 already released for all G-SYNC-supported graphics cards. If you are using GTX 9 series graphics cards, you can download 355.60 or latest version from NVIDIA website.)
- PG348Q does NOT support NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ . PG348Q does NOT support NVIDIA ® Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB)

Only £1,199.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Asus truly innovating and bringing some truly immense gaming monitors. Surround mode on the 34" must look incredible but requires a minimum of three Titan X to run it. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Check our full range of G-SYNC Gaming Monitors

Last edited:
Soldato
Love the tiny bezels on these, but I'm curious as to the point of a 165Hz screen that says it doesn't support 3D... what's it for, if not that? :S

Associate
Would absolutely love one of those 27 inches the 34 inch would be a tad big for me, Time to save the penny's!

Caporegime
Love the tiny bezels on these, but I'm curious as to the point of a 165Hz screen that says it doesn't support 3D... what's it for, if not that? :S

Don't be fooled by those promotion pics, the bezels are not that small.

Google search any of the LG/Dell 34"/29" monitors and the bezel in real life is larger i.e. google search the 29um65 and here is what the bezel is actually like:

Jg5wikGh.jpg

Although it is still a lot thinner than most other monitors and the lack of the actual plastic chassis is great, unfortunately just not as good as we are led to believe....

Soldato
Perseonally I think the new thickness of the bezel of the newer monitors (2015 Dells, the LG-based ultrawides) looks great, no bezel IMO look a bit odd! Of course it's not ideal for dual monitor setups, however it's an improvement at least.

As for these Asus monitors, the price of the PG279Q is high, the PG27AQ seems fairly attractive, however the price of the PG348Q is utter madness. Like the design aside from the bottom part of the "stem" for the stand. Will be interesting to see if that claimed 100Hz is native or not.

Soldato
Will be interesting to see if that claimed 100Hz is native or not.

It certainly isn't. This will be the same as the X34, utilising the same 60Hz native IPS panel that was in the LG/Dell curved monitors, just overclocked to 75Hz, and then up to 100Hz with the use of G-Sync... which if anything like the Acer has no guarantee of reaching that speed, despite being sold and advertised as such... which will prove interesting if and when people find their monitors fail to achieve that figure, or worse still suffer failures after 6 months of running it at a constant 100Hz. The wording in Acer's manual is certainly cause for concern, stating that overclocking above the panel specifications is at the end user's risk... which strikes me as a stupid thing to say when they've advertised the monitor as being overclocked to 100Hz. :confused: Will be very interesting to see how Asus address this with the PG348Q.

Soldato
How is the PG279Q 165hz? I read that the limit on DP1.2 is 145hz at 1440p 32bit color, could be wrong though IDK.

Associate
PG348Q £250 more then the X34? For slightly better aesthetics and an extra years warranty?

For that money I would have hoped they could have thrown in a 2nd G-Sync module for redundancy! ;)

Still better to have the option....

Soldato
It certainly isn't. This will be the same as the X34, utilising the same 60Hz native IPS panel that was in the LG/Dell curved monitors, just overclocked to 75Hz, and then up to 100Hz with the use of G-Sync... which if anything like the Acer has no guarantee of reaching that speed, despite being sold and advertised as such... which will prove interesting if and when people find their monitors fail to achieve that figure, or worse still suffer failures after 6 months of running it at a constant 100Hz. The wording in Acer's manual is certainly cause for concern, stating that overclocking above the panel specifications is at the end user's risk... which strikes me as a stupid thing to say when they've advertised the monitor as being overclocked to 100Hz. :confused: Will be very interesting to see how Asus address this with the PG348Q.
My thoughts really. I'm in two minds whether to cancel my pre-order for the XR341CKA and just go for an XB270HU instead (sure, it's still a problematic monitor but frankly they all seem to be). At this point I've been using my laptop only for around 2 months, so any delay honestly doesn't make a huge difference at this point.

Man of Honour
How is the PG279Q 165hz? I read that the limit on DP1.2 is 145hz at 1440p 32bit color, could be wrong though IDK.

it's within Displayport 1.2 bandwidth specs, i've already confirmed that with Asus. will get something written up explaining how it's calculated

Soldato
Argh i saw the pre order yesterday and thought it said 13/10 which is 1 month, its actually november which is 2 months, that will make it exactly 12 months since I built this PC and have been waiting for a monitor! Hopefully price will go down to around £700 instead of £750.

Associate
The thing is, Overclockers are not telling you something, that is they get 1 month priority on these three RoG monitors, so you have to wait another month after they release to buy it from another retailer, so that is why it is more expensive

Back
Top Bottom