ROG STRIX B550F BIOS Flashing

Associate
Hi guys, hope someone can help.

I'm flashing a b550F board without the CPU or any other peripherals connected, so I can use my new 5600x.

I've got the mobo in front of me with the usb plugged into the bios slot and then power the mobo on, wait 30 seconds and press the bios flashback button on the back for 3 seconds.

The green light underneath the bios button flashes 3 times, then lights a solid green colour as the manuak says it should, but it's been green now for upwards of 10 mins which seems far too long. The manual says to wait until the green light goes out to signify that the bios update has completed.

How do i know whether this has worked without building my PC fully to check?

Associate
As you already said, that led needs to have gone out to confirm that the flash was successful.

I'd suggest trying once again with another type of USB drive if you have one, preferably a basic 2.0 drive and also reconfirming that you followed each step of the process exactly as instructed.

There's a good instruction guide here to help: https://edgeup.asus.com/2020/guide-...ds-bios-for-amd-ryzen-5000-series-processors/

Associate
OP
Thanks a lot for your responses guys - I was having a real nightmare with this to be honest but I’ve managed to fix it. The bios version on the usb was for the non-WiFi version whereas my mobo is the WiFi version.. couldn’t write it could you.

Back
Top Bottom