1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROG Swift PG32UQX mini LED DisplayHDR™ 1400 4k

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by 8myers8, 28 Apr 2021.

1. Grim5

Sgarrista

For anyone who wants UW, LG's oleds can do it. You can set a custom Ultrawide resolution and aspect ratio - so you can play with a ultrawide OLED screen with black bars which adds to immersion IMO

[​IMG]

2. Grim5

Sgarrista

Here is another, showing the screen has high latency compared to other gaming monitors.

I believe it's the local dimming - if you switch the dimming completely off the latency should reduce significantly but then what's the point of them monitor without dimming. This same issue exists on Samsung TVs where gaming performance drops significantly if you don't turn off local dimming

3. Baddass

Capodecina

Well I wouldn’t be surprised if having the Mini LED backlight enabled adds to the latency somewhat, that’s one of the trickiest things to get right with VRR and the key reason why it was co developed with NVIDIA and needs their Gsync module. But that’s different to the other review which was implying (very wrongly IMO) that the optimal overdrive mode was “off”

4. lovingbenji

Gangster

Bye bye Asus PG32xxx

They won't be my next monitor. Flawed technical design.

If only my desk would allow me to have a LG OLED 48CX ....

5. JGF111

Gangster

Oh for news on the LG 42" OLED panel....

6. Doogles

Mobster

Takes balls to run a OLED for desktop use, personally ended up with a q80t instead of spending the extra £400-£500 for a CX because of a lack of balls :D

7. fantasticCG

Wise Guy

When will overclockers have pre order for this, any release date?

8. Participant

Caporegime

It takes no balls at all if you plump for a sufficient warranty,

9. Doogles

Mobster

Let's be real though if you're paying £1500+ for a TV you shouldn't have to worry about burn in, once you add that cost and still have to keep in mind not to have static images on for too long it's better for some people (me) to go with inferior tech without the worries.

If LG really believed in their products they'd cover burn in under their warranties without making you pay for insurance.

10. Greebo

Caporegime

But since the TVs are now £1k and the "inferior tech" is at least £3k you can afford to go through three TVs before you have spent the same money on the inferior tech. Or just pay £150 for the 5 year burn in warranty.

Your point would be valid if this monitor was coming out for under a grand.

11. Mr Evil

Gangster

But in reality, 32" 4k OLED monitors cost 404 monitor not found, which doesn't compare so favourably to the "inferior tech".

12. Participant

Caporegime

Ideally not, but it's worth it to many.

13. CraigN

Mobster

I have been following these as from a business perspective (game dev) these tick all the spec boxes.

Asus has been kind enough to send me one to test which turned up today. Looking forward to having a play with it and seeing how well it works for our needs.

14. Vega

Wise Guy

Great review by Simon at TFTCentral. But I may cancel my pre-order, I was not expecting the panel to be as slow as tested. It's like 2014 IPS speed. :o

15. chaparral

Capodecina

Wonder if it slower then my PG35VQ,

16. Baddass

Capodecina

Thanks :) it does make up for it though in image quality, don’t worry!

17. EsaT

Capodecina

So costs many times more than OLED TV with superior image quality from per pixel lightning, no LCD's viewing angle issues and of course response times...
    While not even having proper LCD response times...
    And to dot the i for super expensive price has tiny cooling fan as break down timer...
    What a miserable state monitor advance is in!

18. chaparral

Capodecina

Strange how times have changed

Remember many years ago when PC monitors where so far ahead of TV's Like when HD TV's first came out and we already had high resolution PC monitors for many years before that

19. chaparral

Capodecina

Anyone know of any reviews of this PG32UQX where they compared it against the PG35VQ ?

20. Vega

Wise Guy

These started to sell out in stores in the US so I was like what the heck let me try it out just in case they are a small manufacturing run. I pick it up tomorrow.