ROG Swift PG32UQX mini LED DisplayHDR™ 1400 4k

Caporegime
Any chance qc might improve over the coming months as the manufacturing improves or the lower grade panels get put in the cheaper pg32uq?

I think the QC in relation to cost doesn't really seem to matter to Asus, whether it be a £100 screen or a £3,500 one it's still at the same level (clearly pretty crap!).

I wouldn't expect it to change anytime soon.

Associate
@tim hudson

I don't think it will improving over time. AUO is known for this qc issues since 2010 or before (but i found no reports :D). They will never use cleaner production. Because it's expensive.

I really doubt M320QAN02.6 is really expensive in production, because dust ist not allowed by manufacturer rules. So they have to recycle this panels. If 1 of 7 panels is without dust you could imagine how many panels are for the recycling. It would never happening if the panel is expensive.

The mini led panel of the PA32UCX costs arround 300 US Dollar as spare part for private customers.

I doubt the panel of the PG32UQX is more expensive.

Edit: A seller was talking about 457 Euros (3500 Yuan) in chinese forum. A little bit more over M320QAN02.5.

And most customers are blind. If i will search their panels which are "clean" by their judge, i will find for most the dust. How many times i read: "My panel has no dust, i had only one try!".

I really have to laugh if i read it on and on. I bought years ago some used panels from a forum market place. No dust bla, bla for PG279Q, PG278Q (AUO panel). I found 2 or more dust spots and returned it to the seller.

Edit 2:

Lol, wtf. They sell the panel of PG32UQX in China as whole monitor for 9999 Yuan (1309 Euros):

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7509891363?pid=140990627553&cid=0#140990627553

The 512 zone / 2048 mini led panel of the X27S which should be released 2022 is already available in China for this HKC monitor:

http://www.pcpop.com/article/6535951.shtml

@JediFragger

Cost in production for PG32UQX i would calculate 1500 Euros (because of the expensive G-Sync module for 400 - 500 US Dollars). If customers are blind they make a lot profit with this monitor.

Last edited:
Associate
Forgot it. It takes 7 trys for getting one without pixel failures and dust.
I tested the monitor a few days ago again. To decide if it would be worth to keep it. The problem was, i tested the panel only for pixel failures and dust with very high brightness. Inhomogenity isnt's quiete visible there. I didn't expect such a bad homogenity at lower brightness :D.

When i tested it again calibrated with x-rite i1 Display Pro, i noticed several obvious color tints. Green, grey and red (magenta) and a shadow (bad brightness uniformity) on the left side. Awful look. I will send it back.

I found this picture of a PG32UQX afterwards:

https://static.techspot.com/articles-info/2288/images/45-p-p.webp

Déjà-vu for me. Ok, my color tints weren't so saturated but the positions are similar.

Otherwise i noticed big flaw within dimming algorithm. It's casting bright spots in areas where is no light. Unuseable for me. Awful look. I was a little bit to early with my statement about my last model. Also i noticed the white smear in some shooters. Not what you expect from such a expensive monitor.

PA32UCG for 5500 Euro has much better dimming, left PG32UQX, right PA32UCG:

https://hardforum.b-cdn.net/data/attachment-files/2021/09/503100_20210916_215813.jpg

I'm done with PG32UQX. Sorry you ordered the PG32UQX before i wrote this. But the PG32UQX is only a gimmick monitor for me, i would use it only for bright hdr. So i had only a short period for testing it intensively, because i had to remove the X34GS for it. I was not in the mood for doing it until last weekend.

Last edited:
Associate
The dimming of PG35VQ is better than PG32UQX:

https://imgur.com/a/H8Bxo1L

I thought also my last unit is acceptable. But i didn't finished the configuartion (calibration), because it was in the other room, and i had no 15 meter usb cable for the colorimeter at this time, which i have now. Didn't expect such a bad uniformity at <200 nits.

You see the magenta shift:

https://www.guru3d.com/index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=74508

In srgb mode the color tints are not so pronounced. But colors are looking very flat.
If you enable wide garmut it's casting the color tints, which are getting more and more saturated if you lower the brightness. Dust2 looks like a mixture of mars and chlorella layer. The walls and the lights are switching between this red and green/grey colors depending on the position, on the screen.

PG32UQX dimming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga-GwtR-tC8

PG27UQ with 384 dimming zones and normal sized leds is even better:

https://media.computerbase.de/video/6025-0b59a500/video-1080p60.mp4

It's a farce. Miniled for nothing. Ah, no, its for marketing :D.

Last edited:
Associate
I tested today the Ipad Pro 2021 12.9". Hdr dimming is worlds better than this crap on PG32UQX. Everywhere where the Asus PG32UQX blooms awfuly, the Ipad Pro with LG Miniled screen has no blooming. I tested the demo with big lightspots on cloth and belt and star field. For 3500 Euro i want to see this supreme image quality. Not this cheap ****.

The funny thing the Ipad Pro 2021 512 GB costs only ~1350 Euros. With screen and a computer in it. And Apple brand charge on top :D. Wtf?

Associate
Would they not replace due to a dead pixel?

Didn't ask them as their policy is up to 5 dead pixels I think? This is the first monitor I've ever had with a dead pixel, but honestly it doesn't bother me as much as I expected. I never see it as you have to have a white/very light screen and I have to actually look for it (the pixels are so small on this screen it's hard to see). Never noticed it while using it normally. Now if it was a stuck pixel I'd want a replacement immediately but it's just a dead one so very hard to spot.

Associate
Did you notice any issues with the build quality on yours? Any dodgy plastic or the mesh on the back where the stand connects coming away? Mine was really shoddy.

No - I'm actually pretty pleased with the build quality coming from an Acer Predator monitor (which also had a good build quality IMO). I did only use the stock mount for about a week before replacing it with a monitor arm which takes up much less space and lets me put the monitor quite far back on my desk. The whole thing feels quite solid and doesn't flex unless I put a lot of force onto it.

Mesh is still in place, and what I'd call the weakest plastic is just a fancy cover around where the stock mount attaches to the monitor - since I removed that shiny circular piece of plastic I'm left with the nice sturdy matt plastic with some highlights.

Associate
Ive just been unlucky then. Hopefully my replacement will be better.

What monitor arm did you use? Sounds like a good idea. It does take up a bit of space.

I got this arm from Amazon - is a rebadge OEM of a really good brand and I'm happy with it: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QNY2G4T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It is a little pricey but I have my monitor sat right at the back of my desk now - front of the screen is about 6" from the back edge of the desk.

Soldato
Tried this monitor last week. Absolutely sub par compared to a C1 48" we had next to it:

• Pixel response is very slow in comparison and exhibted visual artifacts when pixels are too slow to shift.
  • Motion clarity is just terrible, considering the price of this garbage.
  • White halo's appearing when bright objects are on black backgrounds - on the desktop this is horrendus, but even in games (RE8 for example) - halos are all over the place, which is very distracting
  • No HDMI 2.1 is just plain silly

Soldato
I would never accept dead pixels on a premium priced monitor. I'd get it sent back one way or another.

I remember buying an early OLED panel from Currys (cheapest place at time) and they told me dead pixels was within tolerance. Stood at the customer service counter till they took it back and replaced it.

How companies get away with sending faulty goods is ridiculous. If the process is so difficult to do well, they need to accept a high number of losses and sell the dead pixel monitors as B grade.

Associate
Well I picked up one of these and its a superb monitor apart from the 4 splodges on screen that appear on startup, two of which are very visable now as I type on this website. Looks like pressure damage, quality control is clearly non existent no way these could have been missed by anyone with working eyes so back it goes

Associate
Well I picked up one of these and its a superb monitor apart from the 4 splodges on screen that appear on startup, two of which are very visable now as I type on this website. Looks like pressure damage, quality control is clearly non existent no way these could have been missed by anyone with working eyes so back it goes

That's a shame but not surprising re Asus - Especially with all the rush to get stuff out of the factory nowadays!

Soldato
HDR burns my eyes - So I've tried to stay away from it lol

same here, when I was younger I could handle it but not anymore. I lower the hdr brightness on all my screens, even lg OLED which only maxes out at like 750nits I got it lowered to about 600nits and in some content even 600nits is too high for my eyes and they start watering and hurting

Back
Top Bottom