Roof tile repair?

Associate
Having to get someone out (trusted company I'm led to believe) to fix a slipped roof tile on my roof. Just wondering what the approx cost SHOULD be on such a job? Don't want to be fleeced. Just one roof tile that has slipped that need putting back/replacing.

Help is much appreciated!

mjd

mjd

Associate
The roofer we use did our last few tiles for free though this was due to the fact he would be returning to do a bigger job later on. Shouldn't be more than £30 if that. Its the sort of job they can do in no time when they are passing.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
This is a very quick job, its just the labour time for them to put a ladder up and then 5 minutes to re-position it/replace it.

I'd expect a callout fee, plus whatever their minimum labour charge is.

Don
Depends on whether it's an emergency call-out (i.e. weekends or evenings) or during the day.

£50 for scheduled work, £150 for an emergency call out

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies. I've looked in the loft and can not see any holes or gaps, this leads me to believe it has some sort of felt underlay?

We are forecast bad weather this weekend, the tile has slipped approx 6", think any lasting damaged will be done?

Soldato
Felt is normal and to be expected.

The tile falling off the roof could cause damage on it's way down or to something below like a car or person.

Wind could whip up other tiles now that there's a missing one.

Soldato
One tile slipping is not really an emergency in my books so I certainly wouldn't want to be paying any emergency call out charge.

You just want a local trusted roofer to come and fix it when he can fit you in for a standard price.

Associate
OP
One tile slipping is not really an emergency in my books so I certainly wouldn't want to be paying any emergency call out charge.

You just want a local trusted roofer to come and fix it when he can fit you in for a standard price.

My worry was that it's supposed to lash it down for the next few days. Do you have any experience of the the roof tiles slipping? Think one slipped tile is enough to cause a major leak? Like I said above I can't see any daylight from the loft etc.

Soldato
My worry was that it's supposed to lash it down for the next few days. Do you have any experience of the the roof tiles slipping? Think one slipped tile is enough to cause a major leak? Like I said above I can't see any daylight from the loft etc.

I currently have a slipped slate off my roof slap bang in the middle. No rain is getting in and it has been like that for a few months now.

I should have got the roofer that re-pointed my chimney to replace it but I forgot about it. I'll get it done soon when I get someone in to replace some guttering. Should be cheaper overall getting a few jobs done at same time.

Back
Top Bottom