1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof top protest - why do we pander to these nutjobs

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by AJUK, 6 Jun 2006.

1. AJUK

Man of Honour

All morning some sections of Gloucester city centre have been cordoned of because some little scrote has scaled the roof of 4 storey building in an effort to evade arrest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/5050964.stm

This fool has caused major chaos in the surrounding areas, particularly on a major route into the city but more importantly right past my office. I have had two clients turn up late and therefore distrupting not only my day but theirs as well. What I can't understand is, why are they feeding and watering the fool. The only water I would give the idiot would be from the end of a high pressure hose.

My question is, at which point do you feel the needs of the local people become far more important than the human rights of the criminal and at which point do we stop messing about and just shoot the retard?

Last edited: 6 Jun 2006
  2. nero120

Soldato

I vote "shoot the retard".

3. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

Ye gods, who cares what he has to say until he is securely under arrest?

I think the Polcie are under the impression that we want a fluffy and sensitive police force whereas I think the people would respond much better to harsh but fair...

4. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

The fact that he's throwing bricks at passing cars is obviously a problem, and about the only thing that makes this a "siege" rather than a "berk on a roof" as the scenario is more commonly known. Sure, you could knock him out and get him down that way, but you'd want to be sure you could catch him...

I think you'd be best just cordoning off the street and getting everyone out of the area and then leaving him to it. He's going to get hungry sooner or later.

5. AJUK

Man of Honour

Not if they keep feeding him he won't, they will be redirecting his dole money there next!

6. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

LOL!

Feed him fish-heads on a stick, I say...

It strikes me as stupid that the police are so fearful of negative PR that they would fail to treat this person as he should be - like a disobedient child. Attention and sustinence will maek the situation worse...

7. peter_hutson

Wise Guy

Careful mate, over here people love fish heads :)

Give the guy 1 warning that he will be forcibly removed.
    Give second warning, ensuring he can see the arrival of the water cannon.
    Give third anf final warning......Then blast the gimp off the roof.

This idiot will have cost tens of thousands of pounds worth of disrubtion, yet the police have to pussy foot around him in case he has an accident and falls!

8. FTM

Soldato

I'm in the shoot him off the roof camp

9. Usher

Mobster

Oh dear , I feel so sorry for him, it must be his unhappy childhood , I think he should be talked down & given a nice holiday abroad with seventeen accompanying social workers who would of course only go under protest & when he comes back he should be given a nice flat with built in drug cupboards & sky TV

10. crashuk

PermaBanned

well this is all down to pc

11. Orcish-Horde

Mobster

Every nutter has a mother/family that care for them reguardless of their faults and shortcomings. Its to them familys that we pander not the nutter, you never know one of you're own may turn out that way. ;)

12. starscream

PermaBanned

Leftie sandle wearing PC brigade nonsense!! We should be bringing out the Bazookas the moment city commuters are held up by more than 5 minutes ;) :D

13. Van_Dammesque

Wise Guy

When? At the point when the person commits the crime!
    I think the statement "human rights of the criminal" sums it up for me, whilst I still feel there should some rights for criminals (depending on the crime IMO), the current balance is hugely distorted. Criminals should have very little rights, but your innocent until proven guilty, but in an obvious situation like this, maybe a few "beanbag" bullets in the appropriate areas of the body is what was needed.

14. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

Thanks for that starscream...

It is certainly a PC attitude whereby certain situations people are dealt with innapropriate compassion whereas other times similar people are dealt with like filth...

For example, sit on a rooftop and be given snacks - park in the wrong place and get your vehicle paid then recieve a charming Goodfellas message of "**** you, pay me" unless you can prove that the acted innappropriately ot clamp...

I prefer to see violent criminals persued with maximum prejudice, rather than anyone who violates NuLabour "social code" style legislation... let violent scum be treated the way they understand, harshly but fairly...

15. phykell

Mobster

rm

Last edited: 6 Aug 2007
  16. starscream

PermaBanned

It was very tongue in cheek, although to be fair, there is very little information from the story at the moment. In all seriousness, I am actually suprised that there has not been more force used, particually if he has started throwing bricks around as he's now become a danger to others as well as himself.

17. AJUK

Man of Honour

The ****** is still there. I really hope it rains tonight. ;)

18. Usher

Mobster

Tell him he's missing an episode of big brother & he'll probably jump off :D

19. FTM

Soldato

to be honest I would jump to my death if they were going to make me watch big brother!

20. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

This would have been bette suited in GD, so far the ways of killing him that have been listed are less than imaginitive...