Roof top protest - why do we pander to these nutjobs

Man of Honour
cleanbluesky said:
This would have been bette suited in GD, so far the ways of killing him that have been listed are less than imaginitive...
I 'ummed and ahhed' about putting it in GD, perhaps it would have been ebtter for comedy value. :)

Man of Honour
It is all over now, he finally gave himself up. The Keystone Cop like operation has taken 20 hours with several ambulances, fire tenders and numerous police units, including dog handlers in attendance, just to get the pillock down. No doubt 10s of thousands of pounds of council tax money wasted on the moron let alone the cost of the traffic jams and loss of business.

After he started throwing bricks from the chimney stack the police had to dispurse the watching crowd with dog units because they refused to leave and some were actively encouraging the rooftop baffoon. One idiot got arrested for his efforts. The usual parade of self proclaimed community leaders were wheeled out and spouted their usual drivel about the plight of the young man and how they understand 'societee 'as dun yoo wrong, you know what I meen, let's sort it ahwt peacfully'; but in the end I think he just got bored.

A firehouse and an undertakers van was all that was really needed. :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
The food they gave him was a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken and a can of coke, he said he wanted a bigger bottle of coke and they sent him up a 2 litre bottle, along with 20 fags! Un*******believable.

He has smashed the windcreens and damaged bodywork of several parked cars and demolished the buildings chimney with his brick throwing antics which I doubt he will not be made to pay for.

Any other country on the planet, including EU members who have signed up for all that human rights nonsense, would have just left him to rot up there or turned a hose on him. In some countries they would have just shot him.

Caporegime
AJUK said:
Any other country on the planet, including EU members who have signed up for all that human rights nonsense, would have just left him to rot up there or turned a hose on him. In some countries they would have just shot him.

Nuke from orbit?

Suspended
vonhelmet said:
One of the Chuckle Brothers is called Barry.

Indeed - In 2005, it was alleged that Barry Chuckle was involved in a potentially career-ending and highly embarrassing scandal. It was reported by The Sun that he had been attempting to have an affair with the 37 year old mother of two young fans. This was later stopped when the husband of the woman found explicit and lewd emails from Barry on their computer. Barry was beaten up by the husband at his home in Rotherham, several weeks later.

Still, asylum-seeking immigrant paedophiles to be given free food, drink, mercedes and mansion? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

... :mad: !!

Soldato
What made me laugh was seeing the picture in the Metro today of police using a cherry picker to hand the guy the KFC, why the hell didn't they arrest him there and then, they could easily have fired a tazer at him / used CS gas or the good old fashioned batton to get him to comply. Or they could just use a ladder and do it at anytime.

Caporegime
Sirrel Squirrel said:
What made me laugh was seeing the picture in the Metro today of police using a cherry picker to hand the guy the KFC, why the hell didn't they arrest him there and then, they could easily have fired a tazer at him / used CS gas or the good old fashioned batton to get him to comply. Or they could just use a ladder and do it at anytime.

Can't risk knocking him off, presumably.

Soldato
And if he'd fallen to his death the media would have eaten the police alive.

Police can never win, we hate them when they are giving us speeding tickets and the like and complain like hell about mistakes (the bloke with the chair leg who got shot for example), but we are the first to say use the batton on him when things like this come up.

TBH police is on the list of jobs i could never do I dont have the ability to stand dealing with the scum of humanity one minute and some old dear whos lost her keys the next.
They have my total respect (until i get pulled for speeding again then ill complain)

Soldato
The funniest thing about this situation is that historically, the police have negotiated with criminals who take hostages. This idiot runs from the cops up on top of a house, throws bricks at cars and passers by and they still negotiate with him! When his only bargaining chip is his own worthless life! Something is seriously wrong with this picture!

Permabanned
AJUK said:
£45,000, 45*******grand! :eek: :mad:

Linky
That's a bit sensationalist though isn't it... The police are already employed and paid a salary, as are the firefighters, so even if they sit round doing nothing for those 20 hours it STILL costs 45 grand. What's more of an issue is the fact that they spent the time ending the seige rather than solving other crimes.

Associate
As far as i'm aware the police have not got air bags / crash matts and thre not very good at dealing with working at height incidents.

Realistically the UK police are never going to shoot some young blert off a roof - even with a bean bag gun they will always negotiate. Don't know where the KFC came in though!

I would have thought the best thing to do would be to talk him off the roof - and only as a last resort deploy teams on the roof the take him down - but thats risky to the officers taking him off.

Best reuslt in the end - no one got hurt - KFC got some prime time publicity and 45k of public money spent!!