Rooney retires from international football

Soldato
With immediate effect rooney has announced his retirement

Great timing and done in the right way imo

Will prolong his playing career and everton will get the benefits, international break will give him crucial weeks to rest his ageing body

Thanks for the memories wayne :cool:

Associate
No doubt he was one of this countries greatest players but I can't help think he didn't reach his full potential, hit his peak early then seemed to plateau in his mid 20''s. Still can't argue with his record though and the timing was right seen as he will be overlooked anyway now probably

Soldato
greatest player my arse, what did he ever do for England on the real world stage when it counted like in world cups or Euros ? He did nothing, he should have been dropped from England years ago but none of the managers had any balls to do the right thing and effectively put the national squad back years..........

Associate
greatest player my arse, what did he ever do for England on the real world stage when it counted like in world cups or Euros ? He did nothing, he should have been dropped from England years ago but none of the managers had any balls to do the right thing and effectively put the national squad back years..........
Scored the bulk of the goals in the qualification games, although he did flop on the big stage like most of the rest

Soldato
OP

Blinkers....

What has any england player done on the big stage? Infact its his goals that got us to tournaments!

At euro 2004 he was our best player until he got injured then it scuppered our tournament

14 years wearing the 3 lions

Greatest ever england scorer

Says it all show some respect

Soldato
Scored the bulk of the goals in the qualification games, although he did flop on the big stage like most of the rest

and then went AWOL in the real deal or spent his time abusing fans that paid buckets of cash to go watch them. He was never a world class international, he didn't have what it takes, he was just a very good club player.

Soldato

One of the most over rated players out there.

So glad he's gone.

Good riddance!

Soldato
200 PL goals too, not a had achievement.

which is what I said earlier, he was a very good club player and that's it. He was never and will never be world class. World class = players like Maradona and Pele who actually lead the respective countries to sensational world cup wins. Rooney has done nothing for England apart from belittle and abuse the very fans that pay his wages. To any of you that have your tongues buried up his arse please justify how he is world class when compared to people like Maradona, Pele and even Ronaldo who has more international accolades in his cabinet than Rooney.

Soldato
which is what I said earlier, he was a very good club player and that's it. He was never and will never be world class. World class = players like Maradona and Pele who actually lead the respective countries to sensational world cup wins. Rooney has done nothing for England apart from belittle and abuse the very fans that pay his wages. To any of you that have your tongues buried up his arse please justify how he is world class when compared to people like Maradona, Pele and even Ronaldo who has more international accolades in his cabinet than Rooney.

Messi hasn't won the WC.

Soldato
OP
Lots of world class players never won anything internationally!

Blame the england team for failure not just rooney because its the cool thing to do :o

Soldato
OP
:rolleyes:F

Your argument has no basis

Paulo maldini
Roberto baggio
Zico
Marco van basten
Platini
Johan cruyff

None of those won world cup

Guess they werent world class either?:o

Don
Given how successful we've been at International football, being our record scoring doesn't therefore make him world class either. Unless of course you think San Marino's record goalscorer is world class too.

Rooney had a very long international career, had a few highs but generally speaking never performed at the highest level. Very similar to his club career. A very good player and had a very good career but he's never been world class.

Back
Top Bottom