Rooted phone, faulty fingerprint scanner (within year warranty)

Soldato
Hi,

There is a known fault with Galaxy S9+, not sure about S9, the coating on the fingerprint scanner comes away and the scanner becomes very unreliable.

If I don't have this repaired, I can't upgrade on the o2 yearly upgrade programme, Samsung will repair it under warranty.

My question is, I haven't tampered with the hardware, so if Samsung notice I have rotted the phone and tripped Knox, will they refuse to repair under warranty?

Thanks
Will.

Soldato
Yep they will probably refuse.
You invalidated all of the warranty the minute you rooted it unfortunately but whats the worst that could happen if you simply just chance your arm, they say no?

I'd reflash the stock firmware, play dumb, send it off, see what happens. Alternatively you could always take it to an O2 shop, moan about it in there and see what happens.

Associate
I don't know if this is still relevant. However being Samsung you'd probably have to threaten them with the small claims court and possibly pursue it through there.

As mentioned flashing to stock firmware is a very good idea. Depending on which Anovo monkey handles your phone depends on whether they check for tripped KNOX.

If you're very lucky you might find a monkey who gives a damn and actually repairs it without breaking it further.

Edit: Don't Samsung phones still have 2 year warranty?

Soldato
Samsung phones have a 2 year warranty in the UK, but wont be entertained if you Root the phone.

I had the pink line of death on my S7 Edge, took it to the local Samsung Repair Center who refused to fix it because I was Rooted. Even though the pink line was a hardware error.

I only Root my phones to get rid of the ads, but with Blokada you dont need to.

Soldato
I had my S4 repaired whilst rooted, I played innocent and they allowed the repair no questions asked, but it's definitely luck of the draw

Back
Top Bottom