Router speed dropping from standby ethernet connections

Associate
Hi guys

I noticed that my speed jumps 10mbps on my sky fibre 50mbps line whenever I disconnect the ethernet cables from my router (both ports used up).

Will I get a speed increase from using better cables? Is there anyway I can stop my ethernet cables from using any power on standby

Soldato
Are you talking about Powerline adapters?

The only reason your broadband speed would jump as described is if something was causing interference. Powerline adapters are known for this.

Associate
OP
Are you talking about Powerline adapters?

The only reason your broadband speed would jump as described is if something was causing interference. Powerline adapters are known for this.

Yeah I have 2 or 3 powerlines connected up.

Do you know what a better alternative is? I don't have a drill long enough to go through the ceiling.

Soldato
You don't need a long drill bit for that. Drill from above and below using a normal length bit. Even if you did need to buy a long bit they aren’t too expensive.

How close it the adapter to the router? Moving it further away and using a longer cable between it and the router might help.

Associate
OP
You don't need a long drill bit for that. Drill from above and below using a normal length bit. Even if you did need to buy a long bit they aren’t too expensive.

How close it the adapter to the router? Moving it further away and using a longer cable between it and the router might help.

The adapter is like 2m away. I don't own a drill and I'm not sure how happy my parents would be drilling through their rooms lol

Back
Top Bottom