Royal Mail rant incoming...

Soldato
I know it's not of much use now but any royalmail tracked items being delivered and know I won't be in I just get them redelivered/directed to the local post office for collection. Free to do and takes seconds on the website/app.

@Apex it was 15th September, 12:30 ish I believe
Appreciate its a lot to ask, but as I'll be going to the neighbours, does royal mail give an exact time it was signed for? Because I can't seem the neighbours happily going through 1/2 hours of potential footage, but if I can say exact 12.34 and 12 seconds etc then it's a little more likely to be achievable.

Soldato
OP
Appreciate its a lot to ask, but as I'll be going to the neighbours, does royal mail give an exact time it was signed for? Because I can't seem the neighbours happily going through 1/2 hours of potential footage, but if I can say exact 12.34 and 12 seconds etc then it's a little more likely to be achievable.

Here ya go:

Delivered at: 12:24, Wednesday 15 September 2021

Caporegime
Very odd that RM came back so fast with the information saying it was delivered - you would expect some kind of delay/few days to check information.

I would certainly appeal/push back to RM/Postal Review on the grounds that there is nothing in their own T&C's that states the postman will sign for it if recipient is not in/home etc. Ultimately if "postie" signs for it, as you are finding out, there is zero comeback on the promise of compensation for missing item.

For them to say gps data confirms delivery is rubbish - it confirms they were potentially in the street, does not confirm anything was delivered.

I would agree that in this case - a reasonable effort from the recipient to at least visit his local sorting office/speak to someone down there should be attempted - that's the least they should be doing.

This. My postie parks up and delivers 4 or 5 house by foot if there isnt too much post. Van would be showing up at a different house to mine and then driving right past mine.

Special delivery service should be suspended until they remove COVID restrictions. Paying for a service that is supposed to be A) Insured and B) Signed for and neither of these are taking place at the moment.

Even worse that its no longer next day guaranteed either. You can only claim for late delivery if its at least 24 hours late.

Man of Honour
One of my neighbours had a package delivered into their bin a couple of months ago, with no indication of that fact. They were told it was delivered to their address, which I suppose is technically true. After asking around neighbours, they were fortunate enough to find it when they moved their bin and realised it wasn't empty. Around the same time, I had a package delivered to the public pavement outside my house. I was told it had been delivered to my address. I found it when I went out, intending to ask my neighbour if it had been delivered to them by mistake. It had been there several hours. Fortunately nobody had stolen it and it hadn't rained.

Perhaps that sort of thing is what happened here?

Soldato
If it was memory you sent would the package have fit in the letter box? If so they sign and post it through.

As the seller i dont see what more you can do. I certainly wouldnt be refunding with RM saying its delivered.

The postie would not have left the parcel if nobody had taken it in the property. They have to take it back to the depot. And the GPS tracking is on the postmans handset, not the van

Soldato
OP
If it was memory you sent would the package have fit in the letter box?

For any normal person, sure :D However as I knew I was going to send RMSD as it's expensive I overpacked it a little. Bubble wrap around the ram box, then inside an amazon wraparound cardboard outer, likely made it a little too thick to fit through a letterbox.

Associate
Impressive RM reply.

Still don't know why Apex hasn't gone down the delivery office and questioned the manager each day to get a real response. Especially with RM's reply being the very typical, "not us, our system is fine".

Man of Honour
Impressive RM reply.

Still don't know why Apex hasn't gone down the delivery office and questioned the manager each day to get a real response. Especially with RM's reply being the very typical, "not us, our system is fine".
What's the manager going to say? System says it was delivered, conversation over.
It's now at the he said she said stage and they've got the system on their side showing the GPS position which of course isn't infallible but it's more evidence than the it's not been delivered side has got.

Associate
What's the manager going to say? System says it was delivered, conversation over.
It's now at the he said she said stage and they've got the system on their side showing the GPS position which of course isn't infallible but it's more evidence than the it's not been delivered side has got.

As mentioned before in the thread, RM playing the game of ignorance and customer will give up. Sadly i've worked at RM, going in and pestering is the next option here.

Besides, what does Apex expect, a refund? OP just needs to turn round and say it's been delivered.

As mentioned before in the thread, RM playing the game of ignorance and customer will give up. Sadly i've worked at RM, going in and pestering is the next option here.

Besides, what does Apex expect, a refund? OP just needs to turn round and say it's been delivered.
as I'm not royal mails customer, I have zero hope of anything by going in (plus I'm not in UK atm any way).

Royal mail signing for something outside your house is zero proof of delivery

Caporegime
Log a complaint with ActionFraud and pass the reference number to royal fail and hope that they will actually ask the person that delivered it.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

They've already asked the person who delivered it.

Upon receipt of your complaint, I raised this matter directly with the manager at the relevant Delivery Office to investigate. The Delivery Office Manager formally interviewed the appropriate member of his team and, after checking all information available to him, including the Global Positioning System (GPS) tracking for the delivery scan, again stressed his belief that it had been delivered as addressed. The Delivery Office Manager could find no proof that it was delivered anywhere other than ***********

Associate
They've already asked the person who delivered it.

Hopefully having a crime reference # will put more pressure on royal fail to do more, also if the police decides to do something about it, even just a phone call to royal mail will add more pressure to RM.

Associate
as I'm not royal mails customer, I have zero hope of anything by going in (plus I'm not in UK atm any way).

Not true, pressuring the delivery office first hand is a good way to get to get the bottom of the issue, i've seen this first hand on more than one ocassion. Otherwise it currently just looks like you're scamming which we all hope isn't the case! RM managers are renowned for taking the easy way out at the expense of anyone, even their fellow managers.

Back
Top Bottom