Royal Mail rant incoming...

You barely seem bothered that the package is missing. Practically had to be told to contact the post office yourself. I wonder why :rolleyes:
How would you like me to react? Or are you talking about the op?

Everyone I'm sure here would think (unless previous experience) that with a securely sent package being sent, signed for, but not received, would be enough to have this sorted. I assumed we'd find an answer to what happened almost straight away and get it resolved.

Sixtwo has been active in doing what is possible. I also submitted a requested as instructed by the sender. I've asked in this very thread what else can be done.

Given this was an item to upgrade a machine, and was bought for treating myself over requirement, I haven't been too fussed about getting an instant solution, in the basis the correct resolution would what this situation comes to. If this had been an item for a new machine, which sits unusable until I get more ram, yes I'd be more peed off, but at this point, I know the op sent it as royal mail received it. But what I do know is that the item wasn't delivered for the simple fact at 12.24pm on 15/09, nor a single person was in that house.

Associate
That's fine, and certainly pointing no fingers, but you should be helping OP as much as possible (going down delivery office and making a fuss) as if this gets to the point where no compensation will be handed out, is it you or OP going to take the loss? That's a position i wouldn't like to be in whether i was sending or receiver.

That's fine, and certainly pointing no fingers, but you should be helping OP as much as possible (going down delivery office and making a fuss
Of course, happy to as well. Anything the op has asked I've done and vice versa. I feel we are both doing all we can as we think it, it's just I have zero hope of an outcome.

When I'm back in UK I plan to go visit

Caporegime
What’s the purpose of having post boxes with a 7am collection? So either have to wake up at some early time to post or post it during the day, which in turn, delays the delivery of mail to recipients by a day

To collect all the post put in after the last collection t 4pm?

And to make sure the box is empty with enough room for the day?

Caporegime
This. My postie parks up and delivers 4 or 5 house by foot if there isnt too much post. Van would be showing up at a different house to mine and then driving right past mine.

Even worse that its no longer next day guaranteed either. You can only claim for late delivery if its at least 24 hours late.

Is the gpd not in his handheld signature device though?

That response from the RM to the op is infuriating. No evidence it was left unsecured but they don't state where it was delivered to given we know it couldn't go through th letter box?

Irhougjt the xp1 signature thing was meant to be only done if the item was collected by recipient.

Ie ring, put parcel down person comes out collects it postie signs for them

Not

Postie puts parcel down by door and signs for it leaving it unattendes

Soldato
just finished putting in a complaint myself. awaiting new glasses, went into the hall to find a red card - useless **** had obviously just patted the door again instead of ringing the 'ing bell or even knocking, which i would have head since i'm now working in the living room. booked delivery for yester, got updated at 8AM. nowt. nowt today either but other mail, so i guess it was too much trouble to bring my parcel too. went to make a complaint, 'ing form asks for a redelivery reference, except there's none on the email confirmation. useless ****s.

Soldato
I've had RM take things back to the delivery office even when it would have fitted the letterbox! It's a right pitta to go and collect because their opening times are worse than banks!

But I do prefer it to likes of Hermes or DPD who will leave it in a neighbour's bin in a completely different street.

Soldato
our SO is the same, open from like 7am to 2:30PM, so if you work the hours i do you're SOOL and have to take flexitime to get your parcel. no reason i can see that they couldn't do at least one hour in the evening/late afternoon, must be too busy doing all that nothing.

Soldato
our SO is the same, open from like 7am to 2:30PM, so if you work the hours i do you're SOOL and have to take flexitime to get your parcel. no reason i can see that they couldn't do at least one hour in the evening/late afternoon, must be too busy doing all that nothing.
Ya'll live in a dream land. Who is going to sign up to do a single hours work in the evening? :cry:

Associate

Few options to get round such an issue. Get it sent to your workplace, get it redelivered on a Saturday, buy from somewhere that offers a timed delivery/safeplace/specific day delivery, or go to the shop. No different to other people trying to arrange their life around other businesses.

Don’t like going to my sorting office. As there’s nowhere to park. Also another thing- until about three years ago, the card said can pick up 3 hours after the time on card. Now it’s the following day!

See above.

Fine examples why couriers get fed up. Nobody's in, nobody's getting parcel delivered to a place where someone is in, complains parcel hasn't been left, complains parcel is taken back to office :cry

Though on the opposite side, couriers are rubbish themselves.

Soldato
Few options to get round such an issue.
Get it sent to your workplace,
get it redelivered on a Saturday,
buy from somewhere that offers a timed delivery/safeplace/specific day delivery,
or go to the shop.

All suggestions which have flaws.

• A lot of workplaces have problems with people getting personal deliveries
  • Would be fine if Saturday delivery didn't cost significantly more (it's almost as if they make the weekday hours deliberately awkward to try and extort more money out of you for this ;))
  • Same issue as above - this almost always comes with a higher cost, or at least severely limits the places you can shop at.
  • Sure, because having to take a whole day off to drive to a shop on the other side of the country is a better option than having to take a couple of hours to fit around the stupid hours of the sorting office.

Associate

• Would be fine if Saturday delivery didn't cost significantly more (it's almost as if they make the weekday hours deliberately awkward to try and extort more money out of you for this ;))
  • Same issue as above - this almost always comes with a higher cost, or at least severely limits the places you can shop at.
  • Sure, because having to take a whole day off to drive to a shop on the other side of the country is a better option than having to take a couple of hours to fit around the stupid hours of the sorting office.

SOL and JWF then for people who don't want to pay more for a delivery that is convenient to them.

Man of Honour

You don't need to pay extra for a Saturday redelivery, you can also get it delivered/redelivered to your local Post Office which around here is normally in a shop open well into the evening.

Soldato
You don't need to pay extra for a Saturday redelivery

I didn't realise that - does that also cover the (not) signed for/special delivery services? Does pose the question why would you ever pay for Saturday delivery when you can get the upgrade for free?

SOL and JWF then for people who don't want to pay more for a delivery that is convenient to them.

While true, it does also mean RM have no right to whinge when they lose business to other delivery companies who do offer a convenient service.

Soldato
Earlier this year, I had a card saying the sorting office has an item of mail without postage and need to pay online or afix stamps to £2 in value to collect. I wasn't allowed to see what it was. As it was a few days after my birthday, there's the possibility it was a birthday card. So paid the £2 online. Went to the sorting office to collect it. The item was a circular from a bank I don't use anymore - the envelope was damaged on the postage area. I paid £2 for FA.

Back
Top Bottom