Royal Mail to be floated on stock exchange

Soldato
acres of real estate including Mount Pleasant in the City (which alone could be worth £1bn) can be valued at £3.3bn?!
According to an interview on CNBC this morning, a lot of their property has already been sold or leased back in one of those clever moves to boost profitability before an IPO. Anyone would think this had been planned for a lot longer than we're aware of. :)

Bottom line is it's not quite such a giveaway as might seem.

Soldato
I had to deal with this BS this morning:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...ms-buckle-under-Royal-Mail-share-trading.html

However after a couple of hours of faffing around I managed to sell for 440pc per share. So not too bad.

I'm hoping Hargreaves Lansdown will be forced to at least waive the trading fee too, as many people have been stung for a lot more due to their systems melt down.

Sold for the same amount. Unfortunately I didn't get my requested amount of shares but better than nothing. Strange that someone else in my household applied and they didn't get any, I don't understand this because surely it shouldn't matter we live under the same roof if it's different names and banks etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's total ******** m8, I don't know a single postie that would start 15 minutes early without pay nevermind 90, why would they? Not using trolleys properly and leaving parcels would be more commonplace though.

Believe me it is rife, it is the main reason RM does not use clock-in/out machines because if used correctly, it would show far more "man hours" (i.e £££) are needed in a depot than they can hide by not paying all these early starters that work for free (because it is not authorised overtime).

They do not leave work earlier to make up for the start, everyone is expected to work until their contract finish time. They work for free early on because they want to finish at their contract finish time, rather than delivering their round until the late afternoon and claiming overtime (which RM has a reputation of not paying in full).

They have a "skilled" group of employees who put garbage (data) into a program that then churns out garbage about what a postie can do, a horrible case of "GarbageInGarbageOut." So when posties work as they are supposed to, the managers say something to the effect of "the computer says the complete day's workload {both indoors and outdoors for "round x"} is achievable," in reality there is typically 60-90mins of excessive workload even outside Xmas.

Permabanned
I applied and never got anything its complete bullcrap that 70% went to the hedge funds and tories who probably invested millions and are now trying to pull out and double thier money.

What have private investors got that should make them gt 70%? The tories just slapped the 99% in the face and given the 1% 70% of the shares.And this from a public company who were financed through the taxpayers.

Your fathers and thier fathers helped make RM what it is today through taxes and now its being raped by the tories and hedge funds.And what do people do? They sit at home or on a forum and complain.To be honest the whole thing should have triggered protests.shares divided equally through every citizen in uk who has been a resident for 20 years should have been how it went down.

Caporegime
As I understand it I cannot sell my shares as a private investor until conditional trading is over? Is that correct?

I could sell earlier when i got a quote as a test, but didnt hit the deal button

This is through shareprice.co.uk

Associate
Got out at 437 earlier today, I have little expertise in trading so decided to get out and be happy with the substantial profit.

One thing is for certain, I would be reluctant to ever trade with HL as their handling of this has been farcical. I spent an hour trying to trade in which time the price dropped from over 440 to the 437 I received. :rolleyes:

Caporegime
I could sell earlier when i got a quote as a test, but didnt hit the deal button

This is through shareprice.co.uk

Did this to try and looks like I can sell too but not sure to keep or sell Tbh
I don't need the instant profit and am wondering to wait for a few years dividends or not, that's providing they stay around 400 or higher

Soldato
If you have the bare minimum allocation then it's not going to change your life either way, mine was always going to be a one day turn around, a quick buck so say.

Permabanned
Why is it going to get worse? To be honest that would be really hard. How do we know it won't improve? Oh that's right, not a clairvoyant.

Spot the Thatcherite.How can you honestly sit there and be arrogant to that man for posting up what is essentially the truth about the great rip off?

What more evidence do you need that selling of state assets people depend upon to live in society is a bad idea and leads to job losses and higher prices for the customer?Seriously do you need to be Einstein to see the fact that the new owneers now have to make a profit where as RM of old never had to make a profit.Where does this magical extra money come from Einstein? It comes from a combination of job cuts, whipping the staff like dogs for extra performance and increased prices for customers.

It happened with gas and electric too why else are people in uproar and the Labour goverment at war with the energy firms? Did our communications network get better when we sold off BT? No as they will not even rollout FTTC/FTTP without every single council in the UK paying 30% the EU pay 30% and BT pay the rest and get to keep the fibre and profits.

Its basic bloody maths that a company who do not have to turn a profit can pass on lower prices to a customer than a company having to generate profits for shareholders.The sheer fact you cannot see this yet seemingly must be quite rich to take the point of view you did make's me wonder how exactly did you become rich in the first place apart from inheritance?

Last edited:
Soldato
Spot the Thatcherite.How can you honestly sit there and be arrogant to that man for posting up what is essentially the truth about the great rip off?

What more evidence do you need that selling of state assets people depend upon to live in society is a bad idea and leads to job losses and higher prices for the customer?Seriously do you need to be Einstein to see the fact that the new owneers now have to make a profit where as RM of old never had to make a profit.Where does this magical extra money come from Einstein? It comes from a combination of job cuts, whipping the staff like dogs for extra performance and increased prices for customers.

It happened with gas and electric too why else are people in uproar and the Labour goverment at war with the energy firms? Did our communications network get better when we sold off BT? No as they will not even rollout FTTC/FTTP without every single council in the UK paying 30% the EU pay 30% and BT pay the rest and get to keep the fibre and profits.

Its basic bloody maths that a company who do not have to turn a profit can pass on lower prices to a customer than a company having to generate profits for shareholders.The sheer fact you cannot see this yet seemingly must be quite rich to take the point of view you did make's me wonder how exactly did you become rich in the first place apart from inheritance?

Easy there cowboy, Thatcher was before my time I'm afraid, I don't owe allegiance to any political person or party, just to nip that in the bud. You are correct of course with the other examples and this should be no different however I'm being no less arrogant (or working myself up to the point of cardiac arrest) than the people saying what is 'essentially the truth'.
Secondly by getting worse I am speaking of the general service of which if it takes slightly higher prices to achieve then I'm all for it. How many of the angry mob voted the current lot in I wonder.
I'm not rich by the way but I'm doing aright if you please. I'm not too bad at maths, I saw that buying some royal mail shares would return a profit that enables me to essentially get my fuel paid for 2 months with very little work :) Gosh I'm so selfish.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you have the bare minimum allocation then it's not going to change your life either way, mine was always going to be a one day turn around, a quick buck so say.

I agree although I'm keeping mine, was never about making a quick buck just the fun of having shares in the RM even if it does go down the pan in a few years. I still think I'll come out with a little profit when I go to sell in 5 or 10 years, you never know.

Back
Top Bottom