Royal Mail to roll out leave with neighbour scheme

Soldato
Few details but according to a couple of articles, you have to order a sticker and stick it on the letterbox.

If that's true, that's just...no. What's going to stop some scumbag neighbour from taking it down hoping they give the parcel to them so they can have it for themselves?

Soldato
On the up side, you will be able to easily spot bad neighbourhoods by the amount of stickers there are on a street.

Caporegime
pfft why dont they just deliver it to the local post office instead... and let you collect it from there....

my neighbour would probably deny ever having a parcel.....

Soldato
pfft why dont they just deliver it to the local post office instead... and let you collect it from there....

my neighbour would probably deny ever having a parcel.....

They have shut loads of them down so local isn't really the key word here...

Permabanned
My post is addressed to me, not my neighbour.

Whats next, lose the house number and leave everything in a box at the end of the street that the people of that street have a key to?

Potential future address:

Mr Jones
OX22 5TN

Soldato
I'd opt in if I could specify which neighbours could receive my parcels. Having it as opt out seems to suggest the postman will leave them with anyone who answers the door.
Some of my neighbours are ok, some not so. So I would like to be able to have some control over where my mail is left.

Associate
It seems like an excuse to randomly leave parcels anywhere to me.
not really, think of the amount of petrol they are wasting driving to your house for you to not be in, then think of the thousands of other people that happens with every day then they use even more petrol to come back another time.

so much waste when it could just be left with a trusted neighbour.

Associate
OP
not really, think of the amount of petrol they are wasting driving to your house for you to not be in, then think of the thousands of other people that happens with every day then they use even more petrol to come back another time.

Reducing the option for redelivery (so if you miss it you go tot he sorting office) would save money if that is an issue.

You can't apparently choose the neighbour they leave it with.

Our deliveries are not in a van anyway so there are no petrol costs in terms of driving to our street.

Soldato
I'd rather they trusted their own employees to sign for packages and posted them through the letterbox or the cat flap (like ours does sometimes).

Soldato
don't see a problem, personally. my neighbour's have done this for me and vice versa though in some areas, i can see why this could cause problems. ''what parcel?'' etc

Soldato

Don't they go back to the sorting office anyway so it won't effect the petrol use all that much?

Soldato
Where I live at the moment, I have no problem as long as they leave a card so that I know something has been delivered and looking at the pdf of the scheme, this is the plan. I've lived in places where I would definitely opt out though. Luckily now I have decent neighbours who come round to drop deliveries in the evening and I do the same for them if I have been in.

Back
Top Bottom