RSPCA are useless can you help? My can nearly killed a sparrow

Associate
[TW]Fox;16615558 said:
I hate cats. Why we ever decided to domesticate them I've no idea.

Seriously, is there are more pointless creature? You feed it, it leaves, spends all day ****ing in other peoples gardens and terrorising the local wildlife, and only comes back to see you in order to get more food or sleep somewhere.

Get a proper pet, a rabbit, a dog, a hamster, a wallaby, anything but a damn cat :p

I'd rather a cat than have to follow a dog around picking up it's ****, at least cats have the sense to crap elsewhere.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16615558 said:

Seriously, is there are more pointless creature? You feed it, it leaves, spends all day ****ing in other peoples gardens and terrorising the local wildlife, and only comes back to see you in order to get more food or sleep somewhere.

Get a proper pet, a rabbit, a dog, a hamster, a wallaby, anything but a damn cat :p

You make me angry.

Better ****ing in someone elses garden than mine! :p

Man of Honour
If OcUK demands blood, I can lend the guy my jack russells so they can do away with his cat. The bird will be safe forever.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16615558 said:

We haven't ever really fully domesticated them. Anyway cats are awesome pets. Owning your own lean mean killing machine that on the rare occasion offers a little affection.

Some people aren't suited to having a cat (you never own a cat) and thus should have a lesser pet like a dog or hamster or whatever... :p

I managed to stop my cat from killing a sparrow. I given the RSPCA a call but there service was useless so now I thought I’d come on here to seek advice.

Am I doing the right thing?

Thanks

First bit of advice. Just let your cat do what your cat does. Cats kill small animals and you can't be around to save all of them.

Secondly the RSPCA are totally useless. I tried to take a stray cat to them that had wandered into our house and was in a bad state. They didn't care one jot. End result the cat (that probably could have been saved) got put down by a vet because that's all the vet was willing to do because "Doesn't the RSPCA know this costs us money?"

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;16615558 said:

me too, I wish I could kill the cat my mrs brought with her when we moved in together, I literally hate cats, bunch of selfish ****s they only come to you when they want something, its just a shame the busy road outside hasnt claimed this ginger **** yet!

mind you i have trained the dog on command of go get him, she barks and jumps on the cat, but hasnt yet killed him as she is just playing, damn her!

Soldato
Good on you opening poster, for caring about, yes, A SPARROW. I seriously condone that kind of compassion towards the smallest of creatures. God bless you mate. All these idiots that say put it out of it's pain or misery, how the hell did they deduce that it was in any pain?
Very glad you had the sense to guess it still had a chance, given the appropiate care, i.e. not letting the cat, or any other animal finish it off whilst stunned.
Some of you lot should be ashamed.

"Not one sparrow … can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't worry! You are more valuable to him than many sparrows" (Jesus in Matthew 10:29-31, TLB).

Soldato
Secondly the RSPCA are totally useless. I tried to take a stray cat to them that had wandered into our house and was in a bad state. They didn't care one jot. End result the cat (that probably could have been saved) got put down by a vet because that's all the vet was willing to do because "Doesn't the RSPCA know this costs us money?"

Unfortunately, the RSPCA are inundated with more cats/dogs than they know what to do with. As a result, they have to euthanise shed loads of these animals as there are so few owners willing to take them off the RSPCA's hands.

At the end of the day, it boils down to money and the RSPCA simply cannot afford to keep/house 100s of 1000s of animals, which the public may bring to them. Euthanising them is a necessity, otherwise the RSPCA as an orgnisation would go bust and cease to exist.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
That was decent.

but its only natural for the cat to go for a bird

in the same way my mums hen used to attack cats :p

till some chavv killed the chicken :( :mad:

Back
Top Bottom