• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Associate
So is it worth buying one and flogging my 980ti?
Almost definitely not. I managed to get £200 for my GTX 980 and upgraded to a 3060ti at almost MSRP. That is a big difference in performance, but the 6500XT is such a weak card with little memory that I imagine performance would be almost identical to your 980ti.

Rup

Rup

Associate
It has gone up $5000 USD in past two days. Crypto is up and down like something crazy, big money to be made on trading it, big money to be lost as well.
Agreed Gibbo. Crypto just seems like something to facilitate gambling, money laundering & tax evasion.
I've made thousands from it :D.

Soldato
I only looked in the owners threads because someone said to look there, so I did. That's all the data I have to go on. I still firmly believe there were a lot more FE models sold than people seem to think. I also was taught to never trust a salesman, so I don't and never will, so I equally don't believe Gibbo either and that will never change.

The poll just shows that a lot of FE cards were sold to hardware enthusists. An enthusiast forum isn't representative of the rest of the UK. I've spoken to regular gamers who have never heard the term FE before.

Permabanned
Just got an email from Nvidia, they say launch is 2pm on the 27th (today). Not sure if Overclockers will put up on site before then?

Overclockers won't be launching any earlier or anyone else.

Launch date and time is chosen by Nvidia and companies will sign an NDA as to stick to it too.

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
TPU have been busy:
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-3050-8-gb.c3858
So looks like there a bunch of 170mm ones from Gainward/Palit/PNY and some 172mm from MSI and a 178mm from Asus. Whether all or any of those will be available is another question.

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3050 GAMING 1552 MHz 1777 MHz 1750 MHz 300 mm/11.8 inches, Triple-slot

Good lord Asus, what are you doing. triple slot! I bet it costs ~£100 over the already inflated price. might there be a £600 3050?

Soldato
Way too much FOMO going on lately.
£180 card with 4GB vram and matches rx480 8GB performance would be laughed out of the door pre-pandemic

Whatever this 3050 is - beats 2060 with DLSS on so sits between 1660 and 2060 - let’s say a 1660Ti if you like native res gaming costing nearly £300 at MSRP that will also be laughed out of the door pre-pandemic.

just face it, we got crap piled on crap and dressed with more crap…it is a crap sandwich.

Soldato
Just got an email from Nvidia, they say launch is 2pm on the 27th (today). Not sure if Overclockers will put up on site before then?

Read a page or so back from Gibbo, no 3050's will be available for sale from OCUK today. So they may appear but you wont be able to buy any.

Be a nice GPU for a laptop

the 3050 mobile GPU was out last year. They have been appearing in £700-£800 laptops for a while now.

OcUK Staff
Read a page or so back from Gibbo, no 3050's will be available for sale from OCUK today. So they may appear but you wont be able to buy any.

the 3050 mobile GPU was out last year. They have been appearing in £700-£800 laptops for a while now.

We will list the none MSRP SKU's for pre-order which are obviously more expensive.
MSRP SKU I shall attempt to do something for forum members, which I shall do as a reply in this thread telling people to look at the secret forum for the link along with a new thread in the GPU Deal section which is for members with higher post count.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom