• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Soldato
We will list the none MSRP SKU's for pre-order which are obviously more expensive.
MSRP SKU I shall attempt to do something for forum members, which I shall do as a reply in this thread along with a new thread in the GPU Deal section which is for members with higher post count.

I dont think some people appreciate how you go above and beyond with these launches. No other company would do it.

Associate
Has anyone seen reviews of how a 3050 with DLSS/RT on fares versus a 2060 with DLSS/RT on? Lacking comparable data for the 2060 and I'm interested to see if Ampere's RT & tensor changes are enough to put it ahead in those workloads.

Soldato
Whatever this 3050 is - beats 2060 with DLSS on so sits between 1660 and 2060 - let’s say a 1660Ti if you like native res gaming costing nearly £300 at MSRP that will also be laughed out of the door pre-pandemic.

Sure I read/heard its more like a 1660, not a Ti or Super...
Yeah its a better card than the 6500XT, but you know there are going to be versions out there that cost more than the 3060Ti lol

Associate
We will list the none MSRP SKU's for pre-order which are obviously more expensive.
MSRP SKU I shall attempt to do something for forum members, which I shall do as a reply in this thread along with a new thread in the GPU Deal section which is for members with higher post count.

Hi is the GPU deal forum different to this one:
Latest News, Deals & Special Offers

OcUK Staff
Soldato
Yes, deals like this are aimed at long-standing community members, so, unfortunately, given you signed up earlier this month you're SOOL... ;)

Look on the bright side, threads like this remind you of the first 'deal' you got on OCUK, an Athlon guaranteed to OC like a mofo, as long as you drew on the top of it with the correct pencil, you then remember how long ago that was and suddenly feel really old lol

OcUK Staff
Yes, deals like this are aimed at long-standing community members, so, unfortunately, given you signed up earlier this month you're SOOL... ;)

Look on the bright side, threads like this remind you of the first 'deal' you got on OCUK, an Athlon guaranteed to OC like a mofo, as long as you drew on the top of it with the correct pencil, you then remember how long ago that was and suddenly feel really old lol

I remember pencilling those links and then putting the little red dot stickers over the top of them. :D
Yep definitely getting old!

I remember when I setup the Abit KRXA Bundles with 1GHz Thunderbirds guaranteed to 1.4GHz and then remember the issues Sound Blaster cards at the time caused with RAID setups and had to set all the IRQ's manually in the BIOS and then manually within windows to make it all play ball nicely, LOL.

Associate

I get the point behind it but it's not as if I've just signed up today to take advantage of it. Feels like I'm being disadvantaged just because I've not been building PC for 20 years.

Soldato
I get the point behind it but it's not as if I've just signed up today to take advantage of it. Feels like I'm being disadvantaged just because I've not been building PC for 20 years.

You are being disadvantaged? Have you complained to Costco, Makro, Bookers and all the other places that disadvantaged you as well? :rolleyes:

Soldato
I remember pencilling those links and then putting the little red dot stickers over the top of them. :D
Yep definitely getting old!

I remember when I setup the Abit KRXA Bundles with 1GHz Thunderbirds guaranteed to 1.4GHz and then remember the issues Sound Blaster cards at the time caused with RAID setups and had to set all the IRQ's manually in the BIOS and then manually within windows to make it all play ball nicely, LOL.

Ahhh those were the days, lived in a 3 bed semi by myself, no kids, no debt, no responsibility, spending most nights on the OCUK CS servers...

Back
Top Bottom