• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Caporegime
Perhaps discount is the wrong word, but that’s what it is in reality as the street price will be higher then the Nvidia RRP but a few cars will be ‘supported’ to reach that price.

Have a look at @Gibbo posts in this thread over the last couple of days, he clearly explained it.

Personally I wouldn’t wait and if you see a card when they drop for a ‘sensible’ 2021/2 price then I’d buy it and not wait for @Gibbo to do something for the forum. You’ll not be saving much unless the only cards that drop are ‘STRIX SUPER CLOCKED!!!’ nonsense that have silly large coolers and a crazy price tag.

You’ll probably miss it as he said there was only a few units available.

Oh so you just mean the rrp units he is selling.

Soldato
239 will be a great deal, however that pricecwill never exist and these will be 400

Not necessarily, Gibbo said that the higher price they were seeing on the 6500XT saw sales drop, so he went back to the disty's and said we need to sell these <£200 can you help, they did, and now sales on the cards <£200 are good, that's the price, according to Gibbo's figures, is what the market is willing to pay, the same will most likely apply with the 3050, yes its a 30 series RTX card with more RAM but he said the 3050 is a <£300 card, so if figures back that up, yes you might get some models (triple slot OC models anyone) that have a stupid price but the market will speak as it has done many times in the last 18 months..

Caporegime
Not necessarily, Gibbo said that the higher price they were seeing on the 6500XT saw sales drop, so he went back to the disty's and said we need to sell these <£200 can you help, they did, and now sales on the cards <£200 are good, that's the price, according to Gibbo's figures, is what the market is willing to pay, the same will most likely apply with the 3050, yes its a 30 series RTX card with more RAM but he said the 3050 is a <£300 card, so if figures back that up, yes you might get some models (triple slot OC models anyone) that have a stupid price but the market will speak as it has done many times in the last 18 months..

Yeh, to be honest, I don't see this sitting at £400.

There are 1660 ti's and supers which are good at mining everywhere in stock for £400-£450. If those aren't selling quickly at that price I doubt this will as its apparently rubbish at mining.

No doubt there will be a crazy furore for a few days or weeks over this, but it will likely die down especially if the rumours that Nvidia have lots of supply are true.

OcUK Staff

No chance same will apply to the 3050, the 6500 XT had a lot of weaknesses on Gen3 due to x4 PCI BUS and only 4G ram puts a lot of gamers/enthusiast off the product, as such meaning its more a DIY product for cheaper builds and SI demand.
3050 has x8 bus and 8G ram, the gamers want it, because of that the scalpers want it too.

I forsee 3050 will sell very strongly even at the above MSRP prices, but as long as its below £300, agreed on cards above £300 will move much slower.

Associate
Hmmmm, I was hoping to finally upgrade from my vega 56, but this card is not the answer. I'll continue to hold out for a 3060ti founders

Associate
We will list the none MSRP SKU's for pre-order which are obviously more expensive.
MSRP SKU I shall attempt to do something for forum members, which I shall do as a reply in this thread telling people to look at the secret forum for the link along with a new thread in the GPU Deal section which is for members with higher post count.

How about us long time lurkers :)

OcUK Staff
How about us long time lurkers :)

Were already going above and beyond, what were doing is the only method that can work unfortunately and 50 post is not by any means a big stretch even for a long time lurker. We had to find a reasonable balance and this is that reasonable balance.
Were are trying hard but as the saying goes we will never be able to please everyone, but at least were trying to do something. :)

Associate
Were already going above and beyond, what were doing is the only method that can work unfortunately and 50 post is not by any means a big stretch even for a long time lurker. We had to find a reasonable balance and this is that reasonable balance.
Were are trying hard but as the saying goes we will never be able to please everyone, but at least were trying to do something. :)

Thank you! I understand. Probably I should post more. I really do think you are doing your best to strike a balance between customers and the firm.

Perhaps I should post my setup and up my post count. I am sure it will give some a laugh. Most of it is still made from my 2nd order form OC back in 2007. The last major upgrade, also from OC, was 2012; my 670 graphic card is starting to go wonky! It needs to be retired - hence stalking again :)

Soldato
I am confused.

£179 - Supported stock, all sold out on day one.
£225 - Fair price for product based on our cost, sales slowed down massively compared to £179, were sitting on a 6500 XT mountain. Instead of waiting for sales to potentially build back up, I took action, requested support.
£199 - Sales have improved, plus stock will start been used in SI, the mountain is reducing.

I also can't see many other places selling 6500 XT sub £200, the Bolton competitor who listed their Asus MSRP stock has now sold out, they then increased to £199 and have since sold out it seems.

At £199 the 6500 XT seems to be selling OK, not as good as £179 but a lot better than at £225. :)

As always it is economics of scale, supply outweighs demand, price comes down, demand outweighs supply, price goes up, for OcUK on 6500 XT we had 1000+ and demand was not there for that quantity at the higher than MSRP price.

Thanks for this posts in this thread. They were interesting to read.

The 6500 XT cars did sell out elsewhere at £180. I guess it will be interesting to see if SI demand holds up, i.e. they can sell the systems they produce.

Back
Top Bottom