• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Associate
Was it one of the MSRP cards?

Don't cancel it, Gibbo said more stock will be arriving and he'll honour any orders made. :)

No it was the 330 zotac model. In hindsight I think that's too much, I told myself 300 was my limit but in the heat of furious F5-ing the extra 10% didn't seem so bad. Having slept on it I think there's better options.

I spoke to a friend today who's buying a 3080 for his work PC. He said once it arrives he'll sell me his 6700xt for the mrsp of the 3050, which'd be a dream :cool:

Associate
with settings dialled down it wont run Fortnite for instance if you have max settings it will crawl. It just depends what you define as "fine"
Just dont let them watch Youtubers playing Fortnite or before long it will be "Dad I need a better graphics card because XYZDer says its best to run Fortnite with these settings and my graphics card isnt good enough" or "Xbbeeber is recommending this GPU for Fortnite and I need one". :D

GT1030 runs Fortnite at 1080p Medium settings with comfortably 60fps+.

I guess I'm just lucky that the popular online games at the moment really aren't demanding.

Associate
If I put some of the 3050s in my wishlist, will refreshing the wish list page bring up any availability if/when hoping that stock will be released? Sorry I am not sure how to 'watch' for stock releases. Fingers and toes crossed. :confused:

Soldato
Thanks for confirming, the 3050 for £239 yesterday has just sold for £425 on eBay. :)
Got a link to the auction? You sure it's the £239 (non OC) version. The StormX OC was general public for £265. If it is, that forum member needs permabanning.

Who in their right mind pays £425 for a 3050 when a 6600 is in stock for £428.99. :confused:

Man of Honour
Got a link to the auction? You sure it's the £239 (non OC) version. The StormX OC was general public for £265. If it is, that forum member needs permabanning.

Who in their right mind pays £425 for a 3050 when a 6600 is in stock for £428.99. :confused:

I guess it's brand loyalty and there's still a stigma about AMD cards, especially since the black screen debacle, but even before that.

Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime

There was another place that had these for sale at RRP very briefly.

People just need to stop paying these prices for one. Its nuts. £499 will get you a brand new 3060 from here anyway! You would have to be nuts to buy one of these for over £400 from a randomer on ebay.

Associate
But how does a puny human buy here on OC when the bots seem to help the scalpers? Can't bots be banned? I am clicking away here, refreshing the page hoping that stock will be released. I am not young and just want to get on with my 3D work as that is my living now. Help? Advice? :(

Permabanned
No it was the 330 zotac model. In hindsight I think that's too much, I told myself 300 was my limit but in the heat of furious F5-ing the extra 10% didn't seem so bad. Having slept on it I think there's better options.

I spoke to a friend today who's buying a 3080 for his work PC. He said once it arrives he'll sell me his 6700xt for the mrsp of the 3050, which'd be a dream :cool:

That's a very good friend indeed!! Selling you his 6700XT for the 3050 MSRP is very kind.

Associate
OK, I gave up on the 3050 and bought the 3060 for £499 here on OC. Not a bad deal, but was hoping to get one of the 3050s even if for £379. I guess in the long run the 3060 is a better investment. At least the double-fan setup gives me the lower profile I need. It's tight in there as the old busted Quadro didn't take up much space. This has been an interesting experience!

Cheers all, and happy 3050-ing! <3

Soldato
But how does a puny human buy here on OC when the bots seem to help the scalpers? Can't bots be banned? I am clicking away here, refreshing the page hoping that stock will be released. I am not young and just want to get on with my 3D work as that is my living now. Help? Advice? :(
The £240 cards went to regular forum members, very briefly. Everything else was scalped up by bots notifying people that just bought whatever they could - regardless of how much of a bad deal it was.

Otherwise your best bet is a 6600 / 3060. Both in stock now.

Back
Top Bottom